Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By KenT
Sorry to ask the obvious but why buy guns when theyre proposing to take them away without being grandfathered. Does someone know something I dont? Selling them definately makes sense. Anyway, just wanted some insight and if anyone has any good guess as to what will happen. Thanks!
By doug
Are you sure they wont be grandfathering them? Sadly no one knows until the legislation is brought forward
By JohnFH
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

I can't come up with a better answer
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

+1
By KenT
JohnFH wrote:
Thomas Jefferson

Sadly, I think the general population only applies guns to self & home protection. They have no sense of 'caution' when it comes to our own government. Scarey.
By JohnFH
3% of the population stood up for our country against England when they decided to take guns away from colonists.

My biggest fear now is criminals with badges.

Congress has the lowest approval rating in histroy and they are all giddy and gave themselves a raise while our country spirals down the bowl.

Your part of the 3% or you aren't, but now is the time to decide.
By Hddreamer
Ken sounds to me that mabe you should be posting on a anti-gun forum ,
Why buy a gun if you can't sell it ?
I can't speak for everyone but I buy guns to shoot , enjoy , and improve myself , and protect my family and myself ,if I get good enough mabe do some competition matches ,
Have I sold any guns? , yes , but all guns I buy I intend to keep. after Im dead I'm not going to be too concerned About it ,
Mabe I'm totally wrong but if everyone had your attitude the anti gun people would have a field day ,you make it sound like we have no choice so why bother .
we need to fight for our rights and not sit around and let the government take our rights way
Sign petitions , call congress make a stink ! Will it help ? Who knows but putting posts complaining is not gonna get it done
By KenT
Hddreamer wrote:Ken sounds to me that mabe you should be posting on a anti-gun forum ,
Why buy a gun if you can't sell it ?
I can't speak for everyone but I buy guns to shoot , enjoy , and improve myself , and protect my family and myself ,if I get good enough mabe do some competition matches ,
Have I sold any guns? , yes , but all guns I buy I intend to keep. after Im dead I'm not going to be too concerned About it ,
Mabe I'm totally wrong but if everyone had your attitude the anti gun people would have a field day ,you make it sound like we have no choice so why bother .
we need to fight for our rights and not sit around and let the government take our rights way
Sign petitions , call congress make a stink ! Will it help ? Who knows but putting posts complaining is not gonna get it done
I was asking purely on a financial level. It was just a question.
By JohnFH
Ken
Please please please read The Constitution and Bill of Rights

If they ban a type of fire arm or high cap mags, they can not take them from you without paying fair market value.

A ban would only effect future sales, like the Colt AR 15/Sporter and AK47 ban we have now.

Continuing to spread the fears and misinfomation does nothing to help our cause.
By Woody
If they do ban guns, will the tyrannical government be handing them out when we want to defend ourselves against them?
By KenT
JohnFH wrote:Ken
Please please please read The Constitution and Bill of Rights

If they ban a type of fire arm or high cap mags, they can not take them from you without paying fair market value.

A ban would only effect future sales, like the Colt AR 15/Sporter and AK47 ban we have now.

Continuing to spread the fears and misinfomation does nothing to help our cause.
John,

Im 100% next to you on all of this. All I meant was... an analogy would be 'why buy a house when the market is bad if you already have several houses?' Now if you didnt have a house, and wanted one before you couldnt get one at all, Id understand that. But if you have so many already....?? Thats all I meant by it :)

Again, Im all in. I support the cause. Made my phone calls and emails and more phone calls and emails. The next move will be marching on DC to drag everyone out of office... literally... not alone I hope. lol
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!