Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By PaiN
I have no doubt complete disarmament of US citizens is the ultimate goal....but...even I am utterly shocked to hear of its proposal so quickly.

Yes sir, 2013 is going to be one hell of a year...............
By KenT
At this rate, the return of southern cross is inevitable. The country split in two. There is NO WAY mid-western and southern states will put up with this. Im hoping a lot of people just move south and that's a statement in itself, without the violence.
By JohnFH
Not legal.

It would be the same as them banning red cars and demanding all red cars be turned in to the police.

The gov can not take property without compensating at fair market value,
I am pretty sure they can not afford that.

Educate yourselves, the gov fears educated citizens more than it fears citizens with guns, look at our schools and ask why they no longer teach The Constution and Bill of rights.
By myglimk2
Since when did the government care what is legal and what isn't? :shrug:
By KenT
myglimk2 wrote:Since when did the government care what is legal and what isn't? :shrug:
what he said.
By JohnFH
We out number them many thousands to one, WE the citizens need to DEMAND our laws are followed. They know that if WE THE PEOPLE stand up to them, they will loose.

The gov is counting on lack of education to divide and cause in fighting to distract the people.

The Syrian rebels were getting their asses handed to them until they joined forces.
By myglimk2
The gov is counting on lack of education to divide and cause in fighting to distract the people
They've been doing this for years. People are so brain washed they'll believe what ever the government tells them. The "people" of this day and age have been brought up differently, to trust the goverment and rely on it. That they are doing what's best for it's citizens. :roll:

John,
You and I know the truth. We know the true law of the land. The fact is, is that there are to few of "us" non brain washed, versus them. How many people do you think actually know there Bill Of Rights? How many do you actually think are going to stand up for what is right?
I would love to believe that it would be a HUGE majority of this countries citizens that would stand and fight.
Maybe I'm wrong. :?
By KenT
Im not the most edumacated person in the world. I do know whats RIGHT and I am strong willed though. Im hoping that other people are like that as well. Surprisingly, my nephews 18 and 22 are very passionate about it and they werent raised around guns or, on the opposite side, too many video games. I think they get "it". So hopefully there are many more in the younger generations that appreciate it too (in the NE anyway).
By JohnFH
We know, how much effort have you made in educating others?

Posting here is preaching to the choir, put your effort in educating those that need it. And reminding our elected officials that WE know the law and will not stand for anything less then full compliance by our gov.

The more people that remind them that WE do know the law, the harder it becomes for them to break it.

My legislators know my name and I'm sure they cringe every time they see my name on an a letter or email.
By nvisn
JohnFH wrote:We know, how much effort have you made in educating others?

Posting here is preaching to the choir, put your effort in educating those that need it. And reminding our elected officials that WE know the law and will not stand for anything less then full compliance by our gov.

The more people that remind them that WE do know the law, the harder it becomes for them to break it.

My legislators know my name and I'm sure they cringe every time they see my name on an a letter or email.
My rep knows my name - I challenged him in an election.
By Woody
How did Benjamin Franklin put it?
"those that would give up essential liberty for a little security, will get neither and does not deserve either!"
Or something like that.
This rang true with the patriot act, and continues to do so today.
So many people are so scared that they are running to those spewing all the "gun crazy" garbage, falling at their feet and soaking in all the bulls$$t.
I don't know how many people I've talked to about these so called "assault weapons" used in the recent tragedies, that think they're fully automatic rifles. Once educated, they're not necessarily running out to purchase guns, but at least many of them say "hmm, perhaps we should take a little more time and learn about this before we jump into legislation!"
Educate educate educate. You scream 2nd amendment right off the bat and they just think you're a nut! Post the statistics video that is elsewhere on this site on your fb page. And when you're done watching it, post the video that comes up after it that explains the difference between an assault weapon and a sport rifle. Those helped explain a lot to people I know.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!