Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By jerryd
Just on Yahoo our leader Gingerbread boy is looking to ban Assault weapons and Hi Cap Mags. Here we go again, when will those AHoles learn Criminals and Nut cases dont obey laws???? Didnt any of these leaders get any COMMON SENSE????
By ChrisNCT
going back in time to change laws are we?
By JohnFH
They can't agree on anything, haven't had a budget in 5 years, what makes you think they can get anything done?
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:They can't agree on anything, haven't had a budget in 5 years, what makes you think they can get anything done?
Yup, that is true but when it comes to legislation that has only the effect of gaining votes they might just do something.

No guarantees(other than stupidity) with any of the morons in DC.
By KBtoy22
Somehow related and posting additional info (if there's an exisiting, pls move or delete) I acquired from a friend. According to him, there's a National Ban being proposed and mostly CT is set to get hammered locally. Proposals in CT include ban on high cap mags (like the above post) and worse, 50% sales tax and no internet sales on ammo. To reach out to your reps, here's the link http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_i ... rs_cfm.cfm

That's all I have for now, will post more details I get more info...
By JohnFH
ok lets review this again

1) Any ban can only be on future sales, any currently owned mags or rifles can not be required to be turned in unless the gov compensates at fair market value. CT is broke, and can not afford to buy a billion dollars worth of mags and rifles. Like I said before, it would be like the gov banning red cars and demanding all red cars be turned over to the state without compensation, it's not legal.

And the State and local police depts have already told the State they are not putting officers lives in danger for door to door confiscations, which are not legal anyway.

2) 50% tax, 50% of what? It makes no sense and it's not legal, it is called taxation without representation. Chicago failed in their effort to place a bullet tax in place because it is not legal and they can't afford the legal challange.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!