Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By KenT
I can see needing a permit to buy ammo. But to have to reregister every other year... what a major pain.. and COST!

The wealthier will always have, private security, fancy security systems, legal loopholes and resources($) to get anything they want on a security level but expect the average joe to have basically nothing or certainly not be able to enjoy it or relax about it. I think there will be more and more 'good guys' turning legally into bad guys, just by owning "illegal" forearms, that they forgot to reregister. Or hell, just buying ACTUAL illegal firearms just to not have to bother with it all. Black market is going to get a lot of business..

Anyway, point is, the wealthy (The Controllers I like to call them) are just a bunch of hypocrites. "We want to control YOUR guns, but you cant touch ours anyway so that discussion is moot"
By myglimk2
I can't see needing a permit at all, whether it be ammo or a firearm. Who gives anyone the right to limit your constitutional rights by "requiring" a permit to do so?

Just my .02. :roll:
By nvisn
myglimk2 wrote:I can't see needing a permit at all, whether it be ammo or a firearm. Who gives anyone the right to limit your constitutional rights by "requiring" a permit to do so?

this
By JohnFH
no one has the right, our gov has given itself the authority
By KenT
Of course I agree with you but we'll never get more gun rights back. :( But to sell ammunition to someone unsuitable (mentally ill) would be irresponsible afterall. Maybe that should just be a store/vendor policy though, as opposed to THE LAW.
By mu2bdriver
KenT wrote:But to sell ammunition to someone unsuitable (mentally ill) would be irresponsible afterall.
I appreciate the mentally ill argument all around and agree that additional steps should be looked at to prevent those people from possessing weapons, but there are already laws against that, and because we are all human, those people will invariably get access to prohibited items from now and then. The TSA lets stuff through all the time and they have objective scanners rather than subjective opinions.

My problem is when the State is able to determine mental stability with regard to firearms ownership.
By ECervera
myglimk2 wrote:I can't see needing a permit at all, whether it be ammo or a firearm. Who gives anyone the right to limit your constitutional rights by "requiring" a permit to do so?

They are gradually eradicating our constitution. The question is, what are we (The American people) going to do about it? When and how?
By jerryd
Operation FAST& FURIOUS did they have a permit and were they legal?? looks like the gov. can do anything they want and be held accountable like the common person! Nothing but a bunch of lying SCUMBAGS!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!