Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By AGust82
We need to make kids safer at school, right? that's #1 on the political agenda right now we're being told. Anyone hearing anything other than gun control being suggested? Surely one of those incredible minds in Washington has something to offer that may actually make schools safer. Fences, pit bulls, automated lockdowns....something? Gun control is the only option? Is there not one Rep. with enough balls to suggest we allow teachers with CCWs to carry at work? That would even be free for F's sake!!
By jerryd
Lockdown doesnt work that was proved in Sandy Hook. Just shot his way in! Need some armed guards or teachers armed. Video cameras Claymores near every entrance so they could read this side toward enemy!!! No matter what if they want they will try.
By KenT
Guardian Program. I think I read womewhere in Tx there doing it.

And LOT of soldiers that need jobs. Whynot

Edit: Nevermind. That plan is just letting teachers have guns. Thats fine but ideally I'd want WELL TRAINED people just on the premises, if nothing else as a deterrent.
By hayes1966
Lets get some money from the feds and put a police officer at each school.
By mu2bdriver
The one shortcoming of the SRO program is that the ones I have spoken to hate the duty. You're around a bunch of juveniles all day, the administration generally always seems to take the student's side of the story, and it gets dejecting after a while of always being told that 'it's because Johnny wasn't hugged enough by his mom' or 'Sally's dad has a beer at dinner every night.' If you're going to do it, let them do their job without interference.
By KenT
1. CRAZY idea. Install BEAR SPRAY system throughout the schools. When activated via various password keypad protected points in the building, the entire school would be soaked in it. Yes, kids and teachers would get hurt but lives could/would be saved. Gas masks could be in designated areas if time was permitted to use them.

Then there is that foam that Armored Cars use... nahhhh lol..

The BEAR / PEPPER SPRAY idea seems cool though! Patent pending!

EDit: I actually suggested this to a local LEO.

2. Liquid Nitrogen is released from ports along the wall, creating an instant ice skating rink... slippery, no traction.

3. Palralyzing poison covered hooked heavy fishing nets completely cover the ceiling. Realeased as stated above.

Scratch the poison...
By Woody
I'm all for arming the teachers, but you have to put them through proper training. Last thing I want is an untrained person shooting some kid who just happened to be in the bathroom when the breech began, and walks back into his classroom. But, being married to a teacher, I know they don't have the time to train that much.
If we put officers in each school, who pays for it? Our town budget already doesn't pass most of the time because of the education portion of the budget. If we put it on the Feds, there's more taxes no one wants to pay!
Do we contract it out? Halliburton school security! Nah we already contract out too much of our military requirements.
We're between a rock and a hard place!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!