Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By xring
After the recent events, are you buying or selling? I have a "few" that I've been thinking about getting rid of as I don't use them but now, I think I'll keep them. Problem is, space is tight! I'm not a collector, if I own it I want to shoot it. :)
By magneton44
I'm buying!! Throw'em up here :D Partial to Beretta and Glock :wink:
By Malaga2
Buy....no telling where this crap is headed....
By 67malibu
if I had the cash I'd be buying.....
By Woody
Buy em sell em now. I was down at delta arsenal last week and the guy told me that the rumor at ATF is that they want to put a 200 tax stamp on all semiautomatic rifles, AND that the tax stamp for supressors might be going from 200 to 2000!!!! Yikes!
Also my friend runs a gun store in the northeast section of the state and. They sold like fifty guns yesterday, when he called stag to see about replenishing his supply the answering machine said " due to the unusually heavy call volume we are not accepting calls at this time!"
And there was a gun store on the news that got totally wiped out of inventory the other day.
Then there's the riverview fiasco!
By BigJonBoy
Riverview fiasco???
By KenT
Woody wrote:Buy em sell em now. I was down at delta arsenal last week and the guy told me that the rumor at ATF is that they want to put a 200 tax stamp on all semiautomatic rifles, AND that the tax stamp for supressors might be going from 200 to 2000!!!! Yikes!
Also my friend runs a gun store in the northeast section of the state and. They sold like fifty guns yesterday, when he called stag to see about replenishing his supply the answering machine said " due to the unusually heavy call volume we are not accepting calls at this time!"
And there was a gun store on the news that got totally wiped out of inventory the other day.
Then there's the riverview fiasco!
So once more, only the rich will own the good stuff.

Is that $200/year or one time fee / rifle? And apply to 22s? Really? lol
By Speedway
BigJonBoy wrote:Riverview fiasco???
Not sure if that's what he is referrering to, but the shooter's Mom bought her gun(s) at Riverview according to news reports.

There was also an attempted theft of a 50 BMG there the other day.
By Woody
One time fee. Supposedly all semiauto rifles. Riverview has had at least 12 guns stolen from the store over the past few years. The guy who tried to steal the 50 cal had another gun that he stole from them in his hotel room!
By KenT
Woody wrote:One time fee. Supposedly all semiauto rifles. Riverview has had at least 12 guns stolen from the store over the past few years. The guy who tried to steal the 50 cal had another gun that he stole from them in his hotel room!
Hopefully applies to NEW guns only. That will suck for someone buying a $200 gun and have to play twice as much for it :roll: :(
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!