Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By 67malibu
caught a piece of it on the news tonight. said they were being investigated for selling the bushmaster to Adam lanzas mother. they also mentioned how a guy stole 11 rifles from them and they did not know until the cops found the guns and told them about it.( sam guy who tried to snag the .50 cal saturday)

not sure about all the details but it sounded very odd and Iguess riverview is closed now for a little while stating they closed in honor of the tragedy when in fact the feds and CT shut them down???
By hayes1966
South Windsor man accused of planning attack on family, co-workers

EAST WINDSOR, CT (WFSB) -

Eyewitness News learned that in the past few days police in greater Hartford may have prevented an attack similar in style to the one in Newtown.

Police sources told Eyewitness News a man with a mental illness was arrested for trying to steal a long gun over the weekend from an East Windsor store and had checked in to the Hartford Hilton a day earlier, where it was later discovered he had an AR-15 assault rifle in the room.

Sources told Eyewitness News Jordan Marsh, 26, of South Windsor stole the AR-15 with a scope found in a duffel bag at the Hartford Hilton from Riverview Sales, a gun store in East Windsor.

Sources told Eyewitness News police caught up Marsh after he was caught stealing a 50-caliber long gun from the store on Saturday

Over the past year or so, Marsh stole a cache of a dozen weapons from the store, 11 that they seized last summer, sources said.

Sources told Eyewitness News that Marsh was staying at the Hartford Hilton after he was thrown out of a relative's South Windsor home.

Marsh's relatives told investigators he was angry with them and his workplace, the Eugene Stienberg Company, where his father and uncle worked.

Family members seemed to be in fear for their safety in part because Marsh has a mental illness and had been off his medication. Sources told Eyewitness News that he was having delusions that people and aliens were after him.

The owner of the plumbing business told Eyewitness News off camera he hired Marsh a month ago to give him a break, but now he's no longer with the company. He added the state needs a better safety net for the mentally ill residents such as Marsh.

And what Eyewitness News is also learning exclusively Tuesday, is this is the same store where Nancy Lanza, the mother of Newtown killer Adam Lanza, legally bought at least one of her weapons.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/20377605/sout ... co-workers
By Woody
I cant believe they lost eleven guns, talk about irresponsible gun ownership! I stopped shopping there a while ago when I found out that they collect personal information when you purchase ammo and reloading supplies. I've got nothing to hide, but why get your name on another list!
By 67malibu
Woody wrote:I cant believe they lost eleven guns, talk about irresponsible gun ownership! I stopped shopping there a while ago when I found out that they collect personal information when you purchase ammo and reloading supplies. I've got nothing to hide, but why get your name on another list!
exactly .. I stopped going there myself when they asked to copy my license for a box of .45 that place honestly should be closed for good

I know they said the feds were looking at them I heard that with my own ears. so why not just say they are checking our records instead of some BS like in honor of the students that died we are closed ? I went to see the letter myself. it was posted.
By MC
Last edited by MC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mu2bdriver
The hits just keep coming for that place. It's too bad because it used to be a really nice shop.
By 67malibu
went by on rt 5 today place looked open and the parking lot was super packed
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!