Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Mopar
I'm building an AR based off a custom lower from York Arms. http://yorkarms.com/receiver.html
Since these are custom made, I have virtually unlimited options for engraving. Besides a custom serial number, I can have the magwell, caliber, and selector switch settings engraved any way I like. Since I intend to keep it the rest of my life, I am not worried about too personal or unusual for resale. I just can't decide on what I want. :roll:

One thought is to go with a Mopar theme. I've used the nick online for 30yrs. Maybe one of the various mopar logos used over the years (like the one as my avatar) engraved on the magwell. Selector switch could be PARK/DRIVE or something. Caliber could be listed as .426hemi or 5.7hemi and serial could be something like M0PAR (Gotta check and see what the rules for serial numbers are, but I think that flies). I've also been a fan of Larry Correia's Munster Hunter books, and a MHI themed rifle wouldn't suck either. York has already done one (pic here: http://www.yorkarms.com/images/d_1337.jpg ). I'd use that logo on the magwell and come up with something diff for the other options. Whatever theme I go with would probably extend to the upper and stock. I'm still undecided, so I'm open to other suggestions.
By sludwinjr
i had a custom lower done for my business logo about 4 years ago, came out great, chose my logo and custom serial number, also chose what the model name of the lower was as well.

i started with a 0001 serial in case i ever had them make any more,
also i marked it mult-cal to be safe......
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!