Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
Im going to try and find exactly what Im looking for via online auctions.

Basic questions I have for this would be...

Whats the best site to deal with? (low fees if applicable etc) Should I use multiple ones?

What steps do I need to make before winning/ordering from an auction?

Anything else I should know?

I think I'll probably need the stock pinned once received by the FFL owner so Im guessing it'll have to be done before I pick it up??

Thanks for your time!

Ken
By hayes1966
If you buy from out of state then the firearm must be sent to a dealer in CT. Each dealer will charge a fee for their services. I use Joel Cramer in Wallingford for all my FFL transfer needs.

I have bought on gunbroker and some other forums where I can see the sellers feedback.
By Bcarp22
I'm actually thinking about buying online as well from an out of state dealer. Does anyone know if I will be charged CT sales tax by whichever local shop I use for the transfer?
By hayes1966
Bcarp22 wrote:I'm actually thinking about buying online as well from an out of state dealer. Does anyone know if I will be charged CT sales tax by whichever local shop I use for the transfer?
I use Joel Cramer and he charges a $33 transfer fee. There is no sales tax on the firearm.
By MessEleven
I use Vic Benson at The Freedom Shoppe in New Milford. He and his partner are terrific guys and charge $25 per gun transfer.
By Harem
I use Delta Arsenal for my out of state purchases and they charge me $20.00 transfer fee.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!