Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
I went to BMG before the election.

Mosin Nagants 149.99 before 175.99 After
SKS Yugo 425.99 before 525.99 After
Yugo Mauser 24/47 250.99 before 325.99 after

Just some examples of what i saw

These kinda price hikes won't help there business for sure.
By GreggAndrews
They can keep dreaming if they think a stock 91/30 is worth $175.

I don't like stores that scalp people or prey on fear. Making a profit is one thing, taking advantage of people is another.
By ChrisNCT
While the prices are slowly going up, there aren't as many guns on the shelves as they used to be. People are holding onto them more and more each year. Just in the past 10 years I have seen most brands of rifles go up about 150.00. Mini14's used to sell all day new on rack for 499.00. Try to find that now. They are 699.00 and up.

It's just the way it is. As the older rifles dwindle on stock, you will see prices go up no matter whos in office.
By SR9
Yes, unfortunately that seems to be the case in general but I think BMG is a bit out of line anyway. I have read a number of posts here and on other forums that do not compel me to go there.

Bottom line is buyer beware. Do some looking around and see what the going price for something is and buy where ever the price is reasonable compared to what you find.
By Speedway
I have scored a couple of bargains at BMG.

As with anything, do your homework.
By KenT
I inquired, an email to BMG, about a Sub 2000 the other day. All they had/have is the 40 cal.. then they went on "but" (as in an admission)... it's $600". We all know they're not worth that. I said I'd rather get a real rifle for that money. It appears I cant afford to do business with them =\ Nice looking store too. Too bad. Just as well, I would have preferred the 9mm but would have considered the 40 for the right price.
newguy wrote:I went to BMG before the election.

F*** BMG and all the asshats that work there.
nvisn wrote:
newguy wrote:I went to BMG before the election.

F*** BMG and all the asshats that work there.
Agreed
Ive read nothing but BS with BMG.
Coming from Nvisn I believe it.
Ill just keep dealing with you guys and other forum members thet ive had very good experiences with ( Nvisn, Pain, Malaga, 67Malibu etc, etc.
By myglimk2
That's why I have had no interest in even going there. :roll:
By Minato
I stopped by today, waste of time! Some guy behind the counter spouting horse shit. Same guns in Hoffmans $75 less and no horse shit stories.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!