Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
Hi Everyone and thanks for having me!

Only experience with guns is shooting my 9mm back in my 20s when I was an armed gaurd. 20 years later Im considering getting a plinker Ruger 10/22 but would like to UP the fun-factor using a different body. Another reason is my right elbow is permanantly dislocated so I have limited twisting motion with my arm (Im a left handed shooter). Short version is I NEED the front foregrip to shoot a rifle comfortably.

Can someone please tell me what the laws regarding .22 Rifles and the Assault Ban if applicable... do they apply to 22s? I read somewhere they dont apply to rimfire guns???

Id like to get a 10/22 and an aftermarket "assault" style body, foregrip and adjustable stock (that can be pinned if needed, thats fine) CT-wise, how much of this can I really get from this configuration?

Its too bad Ruger doesnt sell them already decked out like this. Would save at least $100.

I tried to get a 9mm Sub 2000 which was my 1st choice but HA HA.. 5 months later after putting down deposit, the Sub 2000 was no where to be seen. (Kudos to Jojos for returning deposit)
By AGust82
10/22s are the Honda Civics of the gun world. Anything you can imagine is like available from somewhere. Aftermarket 10/22 parts are almost an entire industry itself. Most people go with a pinned stock in order to get "credit" to use for another "evil feature". How often would you ever adjust a stock anyway? There's a pool of features that make a gun extra evil and likely to commit assault on innocent people. You get to have 2.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/JI/criminal/gloss ... weapon.htm
By KenT
Thank you. But just to be clear is it two *in addition* to a detachable magazine or is it a detachable magazine and one other 'evil' feature?

And a foregrip counts as nothing, correct?

Im guessing where I buy the 10/22 would have to do the pinning?
By myglimk2
The detachable mag is counted as one feature. Foregrips are not counted at all with the AWB. So you would only be allowed one more of the following features.

- Pistol grip
- threaded barrel
- Collapsable stock
By myglimk2
You can also pick up a Ruger SR22 rifle, AWB compliant model and add a foregrip to it. It's pretty much a dressed up 10/22 from the factory.
By jtf650
If you're not set on a 10-22, another option is the S&W M&P 15-22. It should be easily adaptable to as many "evil features" as our ever so enlightened state permits.
By myglimk2
Or find a pre-ban 10/22. Than you can have all the evil features. 8)
By KenT
The S&W and the SR22 are options but a little pricey.
Are there ways/places/online or other to get a used 10/22 that has all the bells and whistles (to be modified accordingly ie pinned)? I see places/auctions online but is that only for people with FFLs only? Or can I buy it and have it sent to a local store for processing and being pinned?
By JohnFH
10/22's are everywhere, not worth getting it shipped.

Some Walmarts carry them if you can't find anything local.

Then it's just going shopping, I'm guilty of the having the 10/22 bug and can not stop messing with mine. But what the heck, it's cheap fun and keeps me out of the bars.

There are enough of us around that have done just about anything you can imagine to these things, just ask some questions and go wild.
By KenT
Cool. Is there a used gun(s) for sale thread anywhere on this site?
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:10/22's are everywhere, not worth getting it shipped.

Some Walmarts carry them if you can't find anything local.

Then it's just going shopping, I'm guilty of the having the 10/22 bug and can not stop messing with mine. But what the heck, it's cheap fun and keeps me out of the bars.

There are enough of us around that have done just about anything you can imagine to these things, just ask some questions and go wild.
+1

There a bunch on this forum that have built some fine 10/22s and can help you with any questions you have. Just ask and someone will help. Lots of knowledge and experience here.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!