Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Jim22
I'm looking to purchase an air pistol. It will be primarily for slow fire practice in my basement.

I'm looking for a gun which will be reward me with good groups (9's and 10's if I do my part). I recently sold a Beeman P-1, which was a 1911-style spring air pistol. I found that I could not get such tight groups out of it, maybe because it was a springer. On the other hand, I have a Daisy 747 pneumatic which is a little clunky, but if I hold it still shoots 9's and 10's all day. I've borrowed a Baikal IMZ-46M, which has excellent sights, an excellent (but very light) trigger, clunky grips which don't fit me well, and is very front-heavy. It does shoot very well, though. I'd like to handl a Beeman P-2 (discontinued) or P-3, which are pneumatic, but I havn't been able to find any. It seems Cubetta's has mostly bailed-out of the air-pistol scene.

Does anyone have any experience with a Beeman P-3, or another suggestion?

Thanks,
Jim
By JohnB
jim, i just bought one of the izh 46m's and so far love it..your right the trigger is very light but its also adjustable, you can make it heavier if you want, the grips are big but thats a good thing as they can be sanded and trimmed down to fit you, aparently this is common practise amognst the russian shooters they get a spartan semi finished gun to trim to their own needs, baikal izh 35 is also like this, kind of hard to beat the thing at $279, the next one would be the toz but thats over $400 and co2
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!