Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By hooligan
Does anybody out there have a Smith & Wesson SSR or an R8, I would like to know how they shoot and if they are worth the price? I have and have had many old S&W, a lot of folks say they ain't what they used to be, and that is a shame. I only have their wheel guns and the newest one I have is in the mid 70's. I had a L frame 686 that I parted ways with back in the early 90s, wished I still had that one, but the SSR is a cool looking piece and looks like it would work good as a plate gun. There is one at Cabela's they claim it is new, I keep my guns cleaner than that one is, the sales associate stated the test fire it and box it up, no cleaning involved. All six holes in the cylinder were black and the barrel was dirty at both ends, Wtf for $875 is it too much to ask to run a brush and a patch thru it? The R8, I have heard has some "loosing-up" issues and it has a alloy frame, if my memory serves me right, don't know why they opted for that. I'd rather have the steel. I do like the size and the concept, along with the 8 round capacity. Sorry, don't mean to ramble.... Any input would be appreciated.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!