Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By PaiN
Sorry if this offends anyone but I gotta say it.
I have a pet peeve about regular Joe's walking around with weapons visible, I disdain open carry and it makes me cringe when I see knife butts or sheaths sticking out of pockets or hung on belts, along with kubatons, pokers etc in plain sight.
On that note, In gun shops I understand why, but I still don't like seeing the loaded weapons at the ready, when I'm conducting business, a few guys I deal with keep them concealed like most us and it tells me a lot about them.
Today was the topper, I go into one of our fine local establishments and had to do a double take.....I see a salesman(strike that..sales boy), with some kind of tactical belt on, with so much gear it looked like an upside down hula skirt. Main sidearm(big Glock), three stack mag holder(they about hit is armpit) BUG in the small of the back, some tube(I assume was mace), TAC light, bat pack and to top the belt was a Spyderco knife in some kind of angled sheath out directly forward for easy access. I also saw a neck knife in a lanyard around his neck......For fucks sake!! It was all I could do not to bust a out laughing.....
God helps us....I'm sure he's some police cadet on his weekend job....
By Socom
Sorry that i must say this, But I too have to agree with (PaiN)... I am not for open carry either. I do open carry while at home, in the yard, At the station, barrack's, etc. But not in public (unless one is in on duty). I do approve of open carry in toy stores, But with-in reason. One toy, maybe one or two mag's, but that about it! I hear that there are places (State) That allow open carry, But unloaded! Is this TRUE ? If so, dam, thats just asking for it. My Dad taught me there is NO such thing as a unloaded firearm... Don't open carry, it's too easy as it is too get into trouble... With that, may i say happy bunny day to all :D ... P.S. Wifey doing a 13 hour shift... :cry:
By CTSixshot
PaiN:
You're just jealous! (...and I thought I was looking pretty sharp!)
By Savage99
Pain,

I agree with you. I would leave and not go back to that shop.

Check out the Autumn Gun Works in Goshen.

They and the customers there are well behaved.
By AGust82
This guy sounds awesome! I'd love to go take a look at him, where was he working? You can tell me in pig latin if you'd like to conceal his identity from others.
By PaiN
I'm not saying where I saw this, its unimportant and I'm going to bring it up with the management.
What bugged me the most was that forward facing knife...I don't care if it is a gun shop or not, no customer or person should be subjected to such threat or the intimidation by such a thing. It is simply out of line and completely unnecessary in everyday life.
By SR9
Pain, I tend to agree with you. It has been my feeling open carry is just asking for a challenge or can get one into trouble.
I also think that concealed carry puts doubt into the mind of a BG as to his safety by not knowing who is armed.

I prefer concealed carry myself.

As for the ninja, that is scary. One has to wonder what motivates that guy to be armed like that. IMHO someone that is outfitted like that has a problem. I don't think our troops are armed like that and they are in a war zone. Hope the shop is receptive to what you have to say.
By PaiN
SR9 wrote:One has to wonder what motivates that guy to be armed like that. IMHO someone that is outfitted like that has a problem
I don't wonder about the motivation...it is fear and weakness.
By ChrisNCT
To each his own

One comment..well not really just a pic!

By SR9
PaiN wrote:
SR9 wrote:One has to wonder what motivates that guy to be armed like that. IMHO someone that is outfitted like that has a problem
I don't wonder about the motivation...it is fear and weakness.
Could be, good point.
By equality72521
In photography we call that guy an "Equipment Measurebator".
Having all the equipment gets them off, but they have absolutely no skill in it's use. They always want to show off their latest Para GI in their drop-thigh rig, but ask them to show you how it shoots and they make excuses like "It needs to be cleaned" or "I haven't had it deburred yet".
In the rare occasions where you do get to witness them shooting, they'll usually blow the legs off the target stand and proceed to complain about the shitty sights being out of alignment.
The great thing about them is that in a crowd they just scream "shoot me first" and make great bullet catchers, allowing the rest of us more than ample time to assess and neutralize the threat. :twisted:
By Durham68
Sounds like the owner was just saving a few bucks by advertising his wares on his employee instead of investing in a mannequin. :D

This stuff doesn't really bother me. If it's on the shelves than why not show it off. If it's bad for business than the owner will fix it. It is pretty funny when they get carried away with the gear though.
By XM15
^^^ Agreed. They can wear whatever they want, but I still reserve the right to smirk when I see a sales guy who looks like he is on patrol in Fallujah.
By fear
XM15 wrote:^^^ Agreed. They can wear whatever they want, but I still reserve the right to smirk when I see a sales guy who looks like he is on patrol in Fallujah.
I don't mind the ninjas at our local toy stores. They amuse me. Keep in mind that a lot of places like NGX and Hoffman's have quite a few thugs who frequent them. I left NGX the other day after 4 such urban dregs showed up and spread out in an odd manner.... I hung out in my car and nothing happened but.....

A bigger problem is some of my friends getting a little carried away with the "truck guns".... God help them when some state trooper does a quick search and finds 10 loaded 30+ round mags, an AR with one in the chamber and various loaded pistols. Sure, might be legal. But good luck explaining that to the 6 other cops that are going to be called in because of the "gun nut"...
By evan1293
God help them when some state trooper does a quick search and finds 10 loaded 30+ round mags, an AR with one in the chamber and various loaded pistols. Sure, might be legal. But good luck explaining that to the 6 other cops that are going to be called in because of the "gun nut"...

Yeah, that's definitely not legal.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!