Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
Ok seems to me that my last topic went from thumb hole stocks to my version of the 22/45 so I had my top tech guy look into splitting up the two but needs higher up to do so ,so I decided to straighten it out by starting this topic so here we go ;
By Hddreamer
Ok , looked at the ultra dot and I'm a bit confused :roll: I've seen scopes that look like mini scopes and then the ones that have one lense ,witch ones do they usually use in bullseye shooting ,
Any picks would help thanks ,
Paul
By JohnFH
Just noticed, battery life 4000 hours......

Thats a lot of ammo 8)
By Hddreamer
Is there much differance between 25mm to the 30mm ?
By JohnFH
5 mm
By Hddreamer
5mm?
By JohnFH
That's the difference.

Usually people go up to a 30mm tube for additional light gathering. Bullseye is usually shot in darkened ranges with lights on the targets, so all you gain is 5mm, more weight, sits higher on the gun, bullseye targets don't move so additional field if view sort of doesn't matter either.
By SR9
Thats about the size of it John. 5mm is about 0.2 inches so not that much different. I use the 25mm unit and have shot many matches outside and it works just fine. I found the polarizer handy for outdoor work as well.
By Hddreamer
Good to know , never been to a bullseye match , a lot of good info !
Thanks
By Hddreamer
Is there much difference between the reflex sights and let's say the ultra dot? What would be the pro side and con side
By JohnFH
Reflex sight, large field of view, large dot (3-4mm), shotgun or run and gun type shooting
Ultradot, smaller filed of view, small dot (1mm, aim small miss small), heavier, usually mounted closer to the bore

"Olympic target style" (bullseye) guns have a habit of being kind of heavy and awkward with big fitted grips and stuff, while the USPSA open guns are light as all get out, have all kinds of cut outs and compensators and stuff..... Kind of like your Ruger :wink:
By Hddreamer
Is your gun compensated ? What kind do you shoot with ?
By JohnFH
Ruger MKIII Target, 6 7/8" slab side barrel, Houge target grips, trigger by me, everything else stock
By Hddreamer
Nice , you can't beat those Rugers I have a mark III , it also shoots great
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!