Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
Ok just wanted to get some opinions here I'll be sending my xds out for magnaporting this week and wanted to hear thoughts about it and if you have shot any firearms with Magnaporting done to it, or actually own one that has been magnaported .
Thanks!
By JohnFH
I didn't like it.
There was always junk coming back at my face.
By Hddreamer
John , were they factory or reloads or did it not matter ?how was the recoil on it ?
By JohnFH
Did it with everything.

I honestly didn't notice much difference in recoil, but I'm not to recoil sensitive.

It was enough of a distraction I would never consider it on a carry.
By Hddreamer
Was it done by mag-na-port?e
By JohnFH
I tried several, a .44 magnaport, factory glocks, factory ported smiths.

The issue is the only way to reduce recoil effectively is redirect gas back towards the shooter.
Venting straight up only reduces muzzle rise, but has little effect on recoil reduction.
By Hddreamer
Good to know thanks for letting me know ,I Guess I got some thinking to do !
By JohnFH
What caliber gun is it? And what is your primary use?

For a range gun in a higher calibers that you plan to shoot a lot, it might be an ok thing. 9mm/.40/.45 /.357 not enough recoil to justify the expense in my very opinionated opinion.

Just to give you a reference point, I shoot a pistol chambered in .308 win ....

Recoil is fun :D
By Hddreamer
Hey john it's 9mm just thought it would help get back on target for second shot, I'm not bad when it comes to first shot but double tapping that's a whole different story as far as what it's used for it would be my carry guns
By JohnFH
Come visit me after the weather gets a little better, I'll help you fix that.

Again just my opinion, but I think learning proper technique is more important then trying to spend money to fix a gun that isn't broken.

Until then, start a dry fire practice, 100 times a day.

You are looking to make the "perfect" shot every time, focus on the front sight so hard that you don't even hear the radio in the back round.

You will be ringing the 200 yard gong before you know it.
By Hddreamer
I think I'll take you up on that John when should I get in touch with you about it (month) pm me with the $ details
By JohnFH
Send me a message any time

Don't know what this "$" is supposed mean.
By Hddreamer
$ means everybody's time is money , so I figured that if you teach lessons in becomming more accurate that there would be some kind of cost for your time,ammo, place where you shoot ect. Just wanted a rough idea that's all .
By JohnFH
Awwwww heck, I don't want no money

I just want to watch you giggle like a little girl the first time you hit a 200 yard target with a pistol bwahahaaaa I'm such a jerk sometimes :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!