Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
Boy I hope we tape it cause I want to see that also , considering I never shot 200 yards before not even with a rifle ! Can't wait, I sent you a pm
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Boy I hope we tape it cause I want to see that also , considering I never shot 200 yards before not even with a rifle ! Can't wait, I sent you a pm
Once you learn the proper techniques you will be surprised how much easier it is than you thought. I have routinely hit a frying pan sized plate at 100 yards with my Ruger MKIII(thanks JohnFH for the trigger work) with open sights. Took 4-5 tries to get the drop down but I did a couple of times on several different trips to my club. I would take a try at 200 yards, might take me awhile to get the hold right though. Fun stuff.
By JohnFH
It's time

Oh by the way, your going to learn about muzzleloading too because while your shooting your pistol, I will making these wonderful clouds of white smoke..... Yipeeee
By Hddreamer
Sounds good to me John , how's next Sunday the 20th, this Sunday I'll be in New York all day
By Hddreamer
I forgot Sunday is Palm Sunday so that's not going to work let me know if any Sunday is good on your end thanks
By JohnFH
I don't know anything about weekend trees, but no worries, when you have time, I'm free most weekends.
By JohnFH
Looks like a nice weekend for the range.

I'll be there, anyone else?
By Hddreamer
Hey john waiting to see what the work looks like , if I'm not working I'll go ! I'll pm you when I find out
By JohnFH
I can't find the cannon picture.

BOOM!

Black powder is so much fun.
By JohnFH
Bwahahaaaa

I ruined another one.
By JohnFH
Hddreamer

We went
By Hddreamer
Awesome day up at the range with JohnFH ,
First time meeting him , great teacher and a great person to meet by the end of the day I was hitting plates at 100yards with my Sti he showed me a lot of things I wasn't doing right and helped me correct them ! He truly loves his shooting that's for sure!
Thanks a lot John !
The pleasure was all mine !
THANK YOU !
Paul
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Awesome day up at the range with JohnFH ,
First time meeting him , great teacher and a great person to meet by the end of the day I was hitting plates at 100yards with my Sti he showed me a lot of things I wasn't doing right and helped me correct them ! He truly loves his shooting that's for sure!
Thanks a lot John !
The pleasure was all mine !
THANK YOU !
Paul
I agree, John is a great guy, talented in the work shop too. :wink:
By JohnFH
I should have taken a picture, he had the goofy smile, it was funny. I had a ball.

Soooooo, now who is going to man up and come shoot some .54 cal with me huh huh huh !!!!

Real black powder, lots of smoke, BOOM!

Bwahahahaaaaaaa.

*PS I want to thank my student for making kick ass groups and embarrassing super over enthusiastic bald guy at the range.*
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!