Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By SR9
I know there a number of veterans on the forum so I figured I would ask. How controllable is an M16 on full auto? I having a discussion about this on the van pool today and want to hear from those with hands on experience.
By CTSixshot
They tend to walk away from you, I suppose.
Mind you, I've only had one 30-rd magazine worth at full-auto many years ago as an augmentee at U-Tapao RTNAF Base. I suppose practice would make more perfect, of course.
Just go to a Class 3 match at Metacon and see how few hits are achieved on full-auto versus semi-auto.
I'm sure the fun factor is much higher!

Current day...
http://www.utapao.com/index.html
Past...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Tapao_R ... y_Airfield
By SR9
So I take it you were there during Vietnam. Interesting, I have seen full auto fire on video clips and definitely not the most accurate way to shoot.
By Hddreamer
Hey SR9 , I'm not 100% sure but delta Arsenal rents full auto and I'm almost positive they have M16 there , go give them a try this way you find out in person

Paul
By CTSixshot
SR9 wrote:So I take it you were there during Vietnam. Interesting, I have seen full auto fire on video clips and definitely not the most accurate way to shoot.
Vietnam is still there, but I'm a Vietnam-era Veteran, simply due to enlisting in 1973...well after hostilities ceased.
I was at U-Tapao in 1975 when very little was happening beyond upcountry base closings.
All B-52's and other aircraft were gone. A few U-2's were still there with the 99th SRS along with a few abandoned C-47s and A1s.
Sawasdee khup!
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Hey SR9 , I'm not 100% sure but delta Arsenal rents full auto and I'm almost positive they have M16 there , go give them a try this way you find out in person

Paul
Sounds interesting, I will have to check into that. I think Tactical Arms in Torrington does that too.
By SR9
CTSixshot wrote:
SR9 wrote:So I take it you were there during Vietnam. Interesting, I have seen full auto fire on video clips and definitely not the most accurate way to shoot.
Vietnam is still there, but I'm a Vietnam-era Veteran, simply due to enlisting in 1973...well after hostilities ceased.
I was at U-Tapao in 1975 when very little was happening beyond upcountry base closings.
All B-52's and other aircraft were gone. A few U-2's were still there with the 99th SRS along with a few abandoned C-47s and A1s.
Sawasdee khup!
Interesting. I always enjoy hearing from our veterans and their experiences. Thank you for your service!
By jacobrosoto
My grandpa was one of the veterans from Vietnam wars. I enjoy so much listening on him while he narrates his experiences from his past of that Vietnam wars.

Last edited by jacobrosoto on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SR9
jacobrosoto wrote:My grandpa was one of the veterans from Vietnam wars. I enjoy so much listening on him while he narrates his experiences from his past of that Vietnam wars.
Very cool. Please thank him for his service for me. I bet he has some good stories to tell. Nothing like getting history from the people who were there. My Dad was a veteran of WWII and I could listen to his stories all day.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!