Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By hayes1966
To The Bullseye Pistol Community
July 21, 2006

We (The Ottawa Sportsmen’s Club Junior Pistol Team) were on our way back home to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan after spending a week at the National Pistol Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio. The team had done pretty well, winning the Junior Team .22 Caliber Championship, but getting just beaten by a terrific Ohio RPA Junior Pistol Team in the Center-fire and .45 Caliber team matches, and of course the Aggregate. Our boys were all fired up, already looking forward to coming back next year for a rematch. It may not come to pass.

We always overnite at the Comfort Inn in Ann Arbor (actually Pittsfield, MI) and enjoy their hospitality, hot tub and pool, and this year was no exception. Monday morning I awoke before the boys, went downstairs for a cup of coffee and stepped outside to discover that MY VAN WAS GONE!!! In the van was nearly all of our equipment for our stay at Camp Perry, INCLUDING our guns!! YES, THE CAR WAS LOCKED and PARKED IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL!!

To make a long story short, the police apprehended 3 suspects in my van later in the day, but of course the guns were gone (and replaced by crack cocaine). In addition to the team guns and equipment, I was delivering 11 guns to “The Northwoods Trading Post” in Hancock Michigan including 2 new Springfield Trophy Match pistols and a Springfield XD that I had purchased for the team. Also missing are a briefcase with all of my paperwork, some of the NRA Award Plaques the boys received at Camp Perry, many of our green “uniform” shirts plus some real nice Springfield Armory/Ottawa Sportsmen’s Club light blue polo shirts that Springfield presented us with on this trip, camping gear..you know….all the stuff needed to set up housekeeping for 8 days in the huts at Camp Perry, luggage, cameras, spotting scopes, ammo etc, etc. Some of which, including our gun boxes have now been recovered by the police (I’m not yet sure what else was recovered, but should find out shortly).

The next page is a list of all of the guns that were stolen and their descriptions and serial numbers:

Please spread the word about these guns throughout the Shooting Community, gun shows, and law enforcement agencies. The Pittsfield, MI Police Dep’t. phone is (734) 944-4911, report number 06.7274.

We would certainly appreciate any help that can be rendered in the recovery of these guns. Essentially we can’t have a junior team without them!!!!
Very sincerely yours

Ron Granroth, Coach, Ottawa Sportsmen’s Club
Junior Pistol Team.
PH: (906) 523-4320

GUNS STOLEN FROM R. GRANROTH
07/17/06 NEAR ANN ARBOR, MI.

Make Cal. Serial number Registered to: Description
Colt .45 FC14126E R. Granroth Stainless steel Combat Comdr. with NM bushing, Bomar Sights,
Pachmeyer Grips and 3.5# trigger.
Colt .45 ?????? R. Granroth Blued Gold Cup Accurized Hardball Gun.
Beretta 9MM BER294638Z R. Granroth Highly polished blued w/Gold trim Mod 92F, KKM Match Barrel set
up for CMP competition.
Springfield .45 N302756 R. Granroth Blued 1911A1 “Wadgun” w/slide mount Ultra Dot scope, accurized
3.5# trigger, Springco Recoil Reducer and Herrett National Grips.
Springfield .45 NM155020 R. Granroth Stainless steel Trophy Match with frame mount Aimpoint Comp sight
ambidextrous safety, mag well, accurized and 3.5# trigger.
Springfield .45 N370081 C. MIller Stainless steel Trophy Match pistol with slide mount Ultra-Dot scope
accurized, Herrett grips, Springco system and 3.5# trigger.
Springfield .45 NM170746 J. Ruohonen Stainless steel Trophy Match pistol, accurized w/3.5# trigger, Sprinco
recoil system and Herrett Nationals target grips.
Ruger .22 221-81734 B. Granroth Blued MK II Target pistol with Ultra Dot Scope, Marvel adjustable 2#
trigger and Herret Nationals target grips.
Ruger .22 227-00266 J. Ladd Blued MK III Target pistol with 2# Clark trigger and Herrett grips.
Missing guns letter continued:

Make Cal. Serial # Registered to. Description
Springfield .45 NM197315 Northwoods Stainless steel Trophy Match Pistol w/Springco system.*
Springfield .45 NM189193 Northwoods Stainless steel Trophy Match Pistol w/Springco system.*
Springfield .45 NM158231 Northwoods Blued complete lower half.
Springfield .9MM US964473 Northwoods 4 inch XD pistol.*
Springfield .45 WW37276 Northwoods Parkerized Micro Compact G.I.
Springfield .45 N499339 Northwoods Mil Spec 1911A1 Green
Springfield .45 N472305 Northwoods Mil Spec 1911A1 Stainless
Springfield .45 LW110684 Northwoods G.I. Light Weight Champion
Springfield .45 N471488 Northwoods Micro Compact Black Stainless
Springfield .45 N448617 Northwoods Ultra Compact Blued Mil Spec.
Springfield .45 N64663 Northwoods Mil Spec Bi-Tone.
Springfield .45 WW11370 Northwoods Mil Spec Bi-Tone.

In addition to the above listed guns, we had 2 match grade Marvel .22 cal. Conversion Units with Ultra-Dot scopes mounted on them, plus the contents of 4 gun boxes stolen.

* These guns (2 Trophy Match and 1 XD) were purchased by me for the team, but are still invoiced to Northwoods.

PS: 1. still working on finding out the serial numbers of the Colt Gold Cup.
2. 7/23/06 Although the police are still holding our gunboxes for evidence, I was able to make the 1,100
mile round trip to Ann Arbor and picked up the rest of the stuff the police had seized as evidence,
including our camping gear, shooting chairs, luggage, uniforms, tool boxes and award plaques.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!