News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Any websites still shipping to CT?

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
J
Marksman V
Marksman V
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 am

Any websites still shipping to CT?

Postby J » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Anyone know of any good websites still shipping 30rd mags or collapsible stocks/assemblies to CT? I think I may have gotten a collapsible AK stock for my Polish Beryl but, I guess we'll see if I get a call saying they can't ship. Alot of websites say they aren't shipping these things to CT anymore.
Also, still looking for someone or shop able to thread an AR barrel for me near SUBASE. Thanks.



User avatar
CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:00 am
Location: SE CT
Contact:

Postby CTSixshot » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:21 am

Not likely to find much within walking distance of the sub base, but if you can get to Southington, Jo-Jo's seems to be the AR place.
I'm not a black gun guy, so I don't know all the particulars on magazine restrictions and so forth, but unless you qualify as a service member (law enforcement type), I doubt you can even own a 30-rounder legally in CT.
Best to read the SB1160 and see for yourself (or ask the folks at Jo-Jo's): http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf/20 ... R00-SB.pdf

User avatar
Sebring_Pop
Marksman V
Marksman V
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 am
Location: East Hartford

Any websites still shipping to CT?

Postby Sebring_Pop » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:15 am

Well I have 3 magazines for my model 41 Smith that have feed problems so I took them apart, cleaned them good and decided to put in new springs. I then called Smith & Wesson to order 3 magazine springs and was told they can not sell anything to do with magazines to anyone in Connecticut. BUT I have a great guy who then told me all I can do is send you 3 springs at no charge because that's not selling.
Thanks Pop

The worst thing you could do with your money is save it.

IN GOD WE TRUST

magneton44
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 am
Contact:

Re: Any websites still shipping to CT?

Postby magneton44 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Sebring_Pop wrote:Well I have 3 magazines for my model 41 Smith that have feed problems so I took them apart, cleaned them good and decided to put in new springs. I then called Smith & Wesson to order 3 magazine springs and was told they can not sell anything to do with magazines to anyone in Connecticut. BUT I have a great guy who then told me all I can do is send you 3 springs at no charge because that's not selling.


+1 The CS @ SW ROCKS!! :!:
Done....

User avatar
J
Marksman V
Marksman V
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 am

Postby J » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm

I read the new gun laws that ban alot of the stuff. Luckily I am military and it basically states that law enforcement, military, etc. are not subjected to the new laws. I actually bought some things stores had in stock with no problem. It just seems that noone wants to ship to CT because they are not fully aware of the new laws. One store actually said it perfectly when I was looking for a collapsible stock......"You are buying just the part, not a gun with it already on it." It made sense to me, so they should be able to ship but, like I said they are not fully aware of the gun laws.
Awesome CS to by S&W. I have my buddy from GA sending me some high cap mags. Gun laws and the cold weather is why I cant wait to transfer.

User avatar
nuke
Marksman III
Marksman III
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am

Postby nuke » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 am

J wrote:I read the new gun laws that ban alot of the stuff. Luckily I am military and it basically states that law enforcement, military, etc. are not subjected to the new laws. I actually bought some things stores had in stock with no problem. It just seems that noone wants to ship to CT because they are not fully aware of the new laws. One store actually said it perfectly when I was looking for a collapsible stock......"You are buying just the part, not a gun with it already on it." It made sense to me, so they should be able to ship but, like I said they are not fully aware of the gun laws.
Awesome CS to by S&W. I have my buddy from GA sending me some high cap mags. Gun laws and the cold weather is why I cant wait to transfer.

So you are the first military person I've heard of in CT that has signed permission to buy/own personal banned items in support of your duties after the law went into effect. Otherwise I can't imagine you posting on a puplic website that you have someone out of state sending you hi-caps off the table.

User avatar
J
Marksman V
Marksman V
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 am

Postby J » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 pm

The law says I can have them, gun stores still sell them to me, and even the PD says its OK for military when I asked them. No reason to hide if it's legal and everyone else says its legal.

User avatar
nuke
Marksman III
Marksman III
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am

Postby nuke » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Doesn't matter who you ask or what their answer is. What matters is if you meet the letter of the law. If you owned and registered them before the deadline you can legally keep them. To legally obtain more high caps or a banned weapon after then deadline you must have a signed document from your chief (for police officers) or from your command (military). Just because some one is a cop or active military doesn't mean anything. If you are only asking people who don't know or care what the law is the answer you get doesn't matter.

P.S. The last person/people I would trust to know the gun laws are the police.
Last edited by nuke on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magneton44
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby magneton44 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:02 pm

nuke wrote:Doesn't matter who you ask or what their answer is. What matters is if you meet the letter of the law. If you owned and registered them before the deadline you can legally keep them. To legally obtain more high caps or a banded weapon after then deadline you must have a signed document from your chief (for police officers) or from your command (military). Just because some one is a cop or active military doesn't mean anything. If you are only asking people who don't know or care what the law is the answer you get doesn't matter.

P.S. The last person/people I would trust to know the gun laws are the police.

Throw DOC into the mix and it gets real sketchy.. I would defer to the above quote, not taking sides, just say'n :wink: Documentation is everything :)
Done....

User avatar
nuke
Marksman III
Marksman III
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am

Postby nuke » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 pm

OK,
So I think I'm wrong. I was thinking of police officers:
-------
Can Police Officers buy Assault Weapons?

Yes. However, in order to purchase the active duty police officer must first obtain a letter on your department's letterhead authorizing such purchase and statin that the weapon will be used in the discharge of official duties as well as off duty, authorized by such department, division, commissioner or authority, authorizing the purchase. The letter must also contain the following statement, "A records check indicates that (your name) has not been convicted of a crime of domestic violence".
--------
I did a lot of reading and from what I found, it looks like you can buy large cap mags and some banned weapons.
My apologies.
Well, I guess that's one good thing about being active duty!


Return to “General Firearm Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests