Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By AGust82
I'm taking a ride out to Pennsylvania next week to renew my carry permit. Anyone do this recently? Is it as painless as it appears?
By LTB45
Let me know how it goes.
I have to find the time to do the same thing.
By Malaga2
depends on the county...I did mine in Pike County..took two trips to renew as they will not mail them out
By AGust82
Pike county? That would save some time. The only place I could find any info was Centre county where I originally got my permit via US mail. That's about 5 hrs from central CT. How did you find out where to go? Is that where you originally got your's?
By LTB45
AGust82 wrote:Pike county? That would save some time. The only place I could find any info was Centre county where I originally got my permit via US mail. That's about 5 hrs from central CT. How did you find out where to go? Is that where you originally got your's?
I got mine through the mail from Centre County. Just got a postcard in the mail reminding me of renewal and telling me it must be in person.
By Malaga2
I called the Sherriff in Pike County...my renewal was a year ago...originally I got mine from center county
By LTB45
Malaga2 wrote:I called the Sherriff in Pike County...my renewal was a year ago...originally I got mine from center county
So you were able to renew a Centre County permit from Pike County?
By LTB45
Malaga2 wrote:yes
Cool!!!
By Arby238
I got mine in Centre County and renewed it last year in York. Got there at noon and was told they had to do a background check and to come back the next day to get my picture taken and pick it up. Had no trouble it went smooth.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!