Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By CTguns588
Hello all,

Couldn't find my exact answer searching. For a private sale of a rifle in CT, do I need to complete DPS-67-C and/or DPS-3-C?

Also, as far as the Authorization number goes, how long does that take when you call? Is that available 24/7?

Thanks for any help!
By myglimk2
Hi and welcome to the forum, CTguns!

That is correct, you have to fill out a DPS-67 AND a DPS-3c (four copies of the DPS-3c, one for you, buyer, state/DPS and buyers town police dept.).
I forget the hours that DPS is open but I'm sure someone else will chime in. They're usually pretty quick auth number unless the buyer has a common last name.

Good luck!
By doug
Authorization line hours:

Monday through Friday 8 A.M. – 8 P.M. Fall and Winter hours through the last Friday in March
Monday through Friday 8 A.M. - 7 P.M. Spring and Summer hours through the last Friday in September
Saturday 9 AM. – 5 PM.
Sunday authorizations available through IVR, and by telephone from 10 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!