Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
Ok just wondering with all the fiber optics out there what do you prefer for color on your firearms and how come ?
Let me know what you think
By Hermes
I like green. I find it easier to see in lower light than the red.
By Sebring_Pop
Green here also !!!
By Hddreamer
I heard that red supse to be more attracting to your eyes, that's one of the reasons why stop lights are red ,
Has anyone else ever hear this ?
By myglimk2
I had fiber optics on my G19. I liked having the red front and the green rear. It was a quick to acquire the sights for me with that setup. Much easier then green front and rear.
By nuke
Carry gun, trid night sights.
For most handgun competitions; red with the sides of the tube blackened with a sharpie. I find that shooting in bright sunlight with either a red or green FO washes out the sharp outline of my front sight reducing my accuracy.
For 3-gun; plain black as the shots are tighter (4" plates out to 25 yards is not uncommon) and precision is needed. I need all the precision/front sight sharpness I can get.
On a shotgun for an action shotgun match; a big blazing red FO.
By JohnB
something else to think abut..i had a friend come shooting with me and he set up his targets..only to realize the bullseye was red aswell as his eotech :) (I personally like red tho)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!