Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By J
How do you guys determine a "Good/Fair" price for a firearm? New or used. I know there is a blue book of gun values you can buy to find out. I tend to buy all my guns new and I usually look at the manufacturer website for an MSRP and then I search prices online and in the local shops. For some reason I feel like I'm still paying to much and some guns just seem overpriced. I know prices change based on supply and demand. How do you guys go about doing research, new and used?
By Hddreamer
I also try to find the MSRP then look to beat that,it also depends how much I REALLY want it and what it's worth to me ,I'm not lookin to buy for profit ,good luck with that if that's what you want to do prices are a bit high for trying to turn a profit ,
As long as your happy with the gun for the price you payed for it then that's all that matters really.
Good luck with your future perchaceses!
By J
Not looking to make a profit. I just like shooting and collecting. Right now im looking at an AK (Arsenal) in 5.56/.223. The price is $1099 and I know Arsenal is/has discontinued their 5.56 versions of their AK. If I do plan on buying it, Im only worried about parts and even getting mags. My only reason for getting the 5.56 version is because a lot of my other rifles are 5.56. Is that a reasonable price since it will be discontinued and possibly a collector item?
I hear other people buying AK's for a lot cheaper but, Im not sure of the quality. This will be my first AK and I see a lot of good reviews for Arsenal. Whats your take on them?
By CTSixshot
First off, I'm hardly what you'd call an active gun buyer/trader. I've had the same guns for years...decades and just keep shooting them pretty much as is.
You can do some searching on the gun boards and gun auction sites, as well as some in-store browsing, but in the end it's more what makes you happy. You can over-analyse your purchases and spend more time agonizing over whether you paid $30 too much instead of possessing the item and enjoying it.
Driving around too many times will eat up that $30 in no time!
By AGust82
You're not crazy, some guns are very over priced. There's a few brands out there that cost double what something very comparable goes for. I'm surprised anyone buys them. If you can decently recognize quality machining and design it's not terribly hard to pick out the over priced guns versus better values. If you ever have an opportunity field strip a Berreta along side a Sig or HK and take a few minutes looking them over. Not that those two aren't very nice guns, but the Berreta may be as good or better at half the cost. I suppose some people feel better spending more to assure they are getting higher quality.
A lot of the little shops are very transparent with their pricing on new stuff. They'll look it up, tell you they mark up X percent and give a price. Those are the type of guys I like to deal with.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!