Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
Ok I'm putting this out to everyone, my nephew bought a .22 sig from cabelas the sig is a 1911 style , soon after cabelas started calling him several times a day for a few weeks ,they want him to return the gun immediately they told him the y would give him another gun plus 50.00 gift certificate , now he just got a call saying they will give him a 500.00 gift certificate plus a new gun !!! All we can find out is that the gun is not CT compliant .
Has anyone else here of this ? What the reason is since cabelas won't tell us ?
By CTSixshot
Maybe it's made of gold or it may have been Sadam Hussein's personal firearm?
By Hddreamer
Hummmm you may be on to somthing there G
Im thinkin there migh be somthing with these guns that might be able tobe turned into a full auto??? Just a guess , all I know is they want that gun back really bad!
By CTSixshot
There was a story about someone getting a Ford Galaxy or something along that line that had a novel carburetor that got phenomenal mileage. Ford was really eager to get it back and replaced it with the usual fare and the women returned to 10 mpg (whatever the figures were). I can't document this as absolutely truthful, but who knows?
By myglimk2
Very interesting! Keep us posted, Paul!
By Hddreamer
I will seems like something's not right and there keeping a tight lid on it as soon as I hear somthing ill post it , that is if they say
I find it really weard that cabelas would go from 50.00 to 500.00 on a gift certificate plus swap out for the same gun on top of it , cabelas must be getting fined a whole lot of money to offer that kind of buy back I'm sure my nephew isn't the only one
By myglimk2
Something definitely isn't right. Does it have a threaded barrel?
By Hddreamer
Nope the gun is not threaded
By Hddreamer
Well I found out that the gun dose have a threaded barrel and that's the reason they said they needed it back
By myglimk2
Makes sense now. I'd take offer #2 Cabelas offered. :D
By Hddreamer
Yup he did he bought some ammo last night and is going to go to newington to get a new gun
By myglimk2
Sucks he had to give it up over a stupid threaded barrel but he made out well in the end.
By Hddreamer
Ya he's pretty happy with the put come
By J
So he got a new gun from Cabelas and a $500 gift certificate? I think I wanna go to Cabelas and trick them into selling me something Im not supposed to have.
By Hddreamer
He got the cash back for the gun, plus the 500.00 gift card ,the gift card was only of he brought it back by closing of last night
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!