Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
I'm not sure if any of you watched FOX 61 news yesterday and the coverage of opening day. It was a complete hit job on hunting only showing old footage of people shooting from cars, truck and other illegal acts, most likely not even filmed in CT. I commented on the FOX 61 news site about the story and their facebook page.
------------
Dear FOX 61,
Your story covering the opening day of Deer season was deplorable. You presented nothing positive about hunting or hunters such as the “hunters for the hungry” program, the thousands of hunters who hunt responsibly, and the fact that hunters pay an enormous amount in fees to the state for hunting licenses and to local businesses buying equipment. What you did show was old footage of hunters committing criminal acts. I doubt any of this footage is from Connecticut. I was a long time FOX 61 News viewer but no longer. I’m sure there are many others that feel the way I do but you won’t hear from them but they will stop watching FOX 61. The only way out of this would be for you to produce a story about the positive aspects of hunting. Some suggestions; the training required for hunters to get a license, hunters donating food through “hunters for the hungry”, the fact that many clubs around the state teach gun safety to both hunters and non hunters every year and include an apology for portraying hunting in such a negative light.
--------------------

Just letting you guys know in case you want to contact them.

David E.
By mu2bdriver
WTNH did something similar yesterday morning with Jeff Valin and some DEEP trooper. It did nothing but advertise the dangers of hunting to anyone watching. More hack reporting at it's finest.
By SR9
Saw both those reports. The usual lame stream media at work doing what they do best...serving their own agenda.

Nasty gram sent to both stations.
By mr380acp
Sadly, it seems anything in the news about guns is Always anti gun
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!