Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
So one of my coworkers just asked me about the new gun laws. I said that the Shi# was about to hit the fan when everybody finds out that they will need a permit to purchase ammo on 1 OCT. He was clueless and said he was going to Cabelas this weekend. Word spread around the floor fast. I've had several people ask for the link to the CT laws page/site/FAQs.

So are all those gun owners who sat out the debate because they didn’t care about AR-15s or high caps in for a big surprise? Or have they all gotten their ammo permits?

What about those long gun permits in April 2014?
By SR9
Unfortunately, the non-participants in the debate and contacting their reps are now going to get a reality check. I doubt any of them has either an ammo or long gun permit. Good luck with either, I am sure the red tape, delays and system over load will have applicants more than just a little annoyed.

My heart bleeds for them....NOT!

Good to hear from ya nuke.
By AFS1970
There really is no excuse for not knowing what was shoved down out throats, but we have our own low information voters even among gun owners and other conservatives.
By XM15
I was at Walmart Saybrook the other day and a guy was there with his girlfriend trying to buy a box of 12 ga. When the associate told him that he needed a permit he looked like someone punched him in the stomach.

I just told him "Remember that law that they forced through? Welcome to CT." :x

So, he was able to buy a shotgun with the old 14 day waiting period, but can't buy shells for it now. :?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!