Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By PaiN
Since I started riding again I've been away form the shooting scene. I'm wondering if .45acp has decent availability now? I know .40s&w is easy to find so how does .45 compare to .40 price wise these days?

thx
By newguy
I bought a box of Herters Brass case 45acp. Last weekend at Cabelas for $21.99. I buy a box or two just so i can use empty cases later. Herters seems to shoot fine and brass cased stuff not very dirty. Price is pretty reasonable and brass holds up pretty well.
By CTSixshot
OSB WMT had a few WWB for under $23, I believe it was.
By denick
If you're really contemplating buying my SR45. I can sell you quite a bit of ball ammo for $22.00 and some hollow point for a decent price for boxes of 50 rounds.
By PaiN
denick wrote:If you're really contemplating buying my SR45. I can sell you quite a bit of ball ammo for $22.00 and some hollow point for a decent price for boxes of 50 rounds.
The SR45 is tempting but is too big for my wants at the moment...... You know my wants can change with the moments ;)
By XM15
I've noticed plenty of .45 at a few Walmarts. (Newington, Cromwell, Old Saybrook)
By CTSixshot
Although powder and primer availability isn't assured and may shortly be restricted/illegal (at the current rate), you can always have a bit more control of your ammo supplies by taking up reloading...
By GerryB
CTSixshot wrote:OSB WMT had a few WWB for under $23, I believe it was.
Please try using less acronyms. I might want to get in on this if I knew what you were saying... thanks.
By newguy
GerryB wrote:
CTSixshot wrote:OSB WMT had a few WWB for under $23, I believe it was.
Please try using less acronyms. I might want to get in on this if I knew what you were saying... thanks.
Old Saybrook Walmart Winchester White Box
By GerryB
Thanks for the translation. I never would have got that...
By denick
It's been about 27 hrs? What's taking so long?
By newguy
Went to Walmart in Cromwell tonight they had 5 boxes of PPU 45acp for $19.95 per box. I was shocked.
By CTSixshot
newguy wrote:Went to Walmart in Cromwell tonight they had 5 boxes of PPU 45acp for $19.95 per box. I was shocked.
How about some 38R and 54R? That would be the means to acquire some boxer-primed brass.

BTW (by the way) newguy, you'd be eligible for hire at SLE (Shore Line East railroad) and at the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange).
By newguy
Have plenty of 7.62x54r Brass now. have about 80 pieces. Which is at least a good start.
By Jason
Happened to be in Mass this weekend and a Dick's had quite a bit of ammo- in particular, they had a lot of .22... which I can't find in CT.

I'm thinking ammo stock, in general, is picking back up.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!