Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Jason
I'm trying to figure something out...

Why do people often bring crowds with them to a gun store?

I went to Hoffman's today to (possibly) pick up one of their Mini-14 promos and found myself in a very crowded store. After a bit, I started paying attention to the groups and realized that I was one of the only people in the store who was there alone.

Many people were there with a spouse or single friend, but there were also groups of 4+ people. Those groups were taking a lot of attention from the staff, despite not seeming to be serious about buying things.

The situation was sort of odd, but I realized that it's a frequent occurrence there. I'm not shy seeking out a salesperson when I need it, so it didn't really impact my ability to purchase, however it was disruptive.

Also overheard some great quotes. My favorite coming form a young guy at the rental counter, surrounded by four or so friends, who asked to rent 'the best gun they had'. I wonder what the clerk selected.
By AGust82
I've noticed that happens there a lot too. I assume one guy in the group actually has a permit and the rest are just there for the excitement of being around guns.
On another note, I can't believe anyone is still going there.
By Jason
Where would you suggest? I've been to half a dozen CT locations and never found much of a selection, often found very clique-ish sales people and no one seems to have a decent range.

I'm very interested in alternatives.
By myglimk2
I personally like NGX and Woodbridge firearms. NGX usually has a pretty decent selection. Woodbridge is sorta new so there inventory isnt the biggest, but the staff is great and very helpful!
By GerryB
Are you guys blaming Hoffmans for being popular? And,like Agust82 says, the rest are there for the excitement of being around guns. Go there after work or first thing in the AM, you'll have a different experience I'm sure. At first I didn't like Hoffmans at all for similar reasons... then I went back and had totally different experiences. This being a holiday weekend I'm sure it was busy as hell. I've heard people crabbing about Cabelas for the same reason, long waits at the counter, long time to process stuff... Etc., Etc... Go there at opening time and you'll be in and out in no time. NGX can have their moments too. They all do. Ya wanna dose of attitude try the BMG shop across the street from Hoffmans. That guy is the biggest a-hole I've ever met when it comes to attitude.
By AGust82
There's a ton of good stores around but none better selection wise. Forgive me, but I won't be buying there again after the dirtbag moves he was pulling in the weeks leading up to the "gun control" bill being raped upon us. If you want to shop and fondle multiple similar guns then definitely go there or cabela's but I'm not personally over it yet. I'll be taking my business elsewhere for a long time.
I likke Jojo's in Southington a lot for a little, honest shop. Just a suggestion.
By GerryB
Oh OK. I must not have been aware of any hanky panky.. What were they doing?
By Hddreamer
Did I read this right ? Hoffmans is moving ? This is the first I herd of this :shrug:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!