Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By XM15
Currently mine is a 16 ga bolt action - one of the old catalog guns sold by Sears Roebuck.

I know some of you must have some pretty interesting ones. Watcha' got?
By RICH
12ga bolt action, and clayco/norinco o/u 12ga.

make offers lol
By XM15
Is the bolt action smoothbore or rifled?
By denick
A side by side double barreled shotgun from about 1900 there is only what looks like a Y on the whole firearm. Very plain wood and steel. My grandfather and father hunted with it pre 1940.
By XM15
denick wrote:A side by side double barreled shotgun from about 1900 there is only what looks like a Y on the whole firearm. Very plain wood and steel. My grandfather and father hunted with it pre 1940.
Nice. Firearms with some history to them are the best.

I like the tacticool types just as much as the next guy, but there is something about an older, wood-stocked long gun that gets my attention.
By JohnB
1895 Chilean mauser in 7mm, short ring..straight bolt
By Mike_Diako
Israeli Mauser chambered in 7.62NATO. It's not the most intriguing firearm on the planet but the history of it is chilling.
By CTSixshot
Not really very obscure, but it's a hoot to shoot: Egyptian Hakim
Now, to acquire it's younger brother...
By XM15
CTSixshot wrote:Not really very obscure, but it's a hoot to shoot: Egyptian Hakim
Now, to acquire it's younger brother...
Just looked that one up; 10 rounds of 8mm sounds like fun!
By CTSixshot
Probably the softest shooting 8mm out there... I don't know why people looking for muzzle brakes don't try this design out.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!