Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By denick
Does anyone keep a long gun in their vehicle?
By hanoverfiste
"The little gun is to fight your way to the big gun"......
By XM15
Yup. It isn't much to speak of but it packs more of a punch than my 1911.
By JohnFH
I plead the IRS defense
By CTSixshot
What vehicle?
My FR-7 is a handy vehicle weapon, even in a compact car (much handier right in the backseat).
By XM15
SR9 wrote:
JohnFH wrote:I plead the IRS defense
ditto
Well, since we can't talk guns on the gun forum anymore, its time to take up knitting. :D
By JohnFH
My cooking is really kicking ass lately :wink:

BBQ anyone?
By denick
Well then, "if" you were to own a vehicle, "if you were able to legally own firearms, "if" you understood the laws concerning lethal force and were settled with the consequences of defending your life or the life of other persons, "if" you knew and followed the laws for having a firearm in a vehicle, "if" you were a person who was concerned for your safety and the safety of others, "if" using your ability to reason, discerned that a long gun was a valuable tool to have with you, just as a hypothetical situation.

What would you have in your vehicle? "if you would?
By JohnFH
I have always been a fan of the AR-15 platform, it is very versatile.

It is light, accurate, will take a variety of game in a survival situation, ammunition is pretty light, so you can carry a few rounds and not need a wheel barrow. And in a worse case, it is a good defensive tool.
By XM15
But John, thats an assault weapon! Think of the children! 8O
By JohnFH
the only weapon capable of assault in my house is me :wink:
By denick
So, why not have a trunk gun?
By myglimk2
The only thing I need is my foot... To mash the throttle and get the hell out of there! :wink:
By SR9
I think if I wanted a trunk gun I might go for a pump 12ga shotty. Plenty of knock down with limited range to avoid some collateral damage, maybe. Decent hunting implement with the right ammo. JMHO
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!