Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mike_Diako
Good people too. I've ordered from them before.
By mu2bdriver
Quality stuff? I've never reloaded lead before from anyone. Anything specifically I should be aware of ?
By newguy
I should know in acouple of weeks says takes 7 days to ship and 4 day max to get here. I plan on loading at least 50 to test out when I get them. I will post up some photos. Of the heads when I get them and the target photos after I range test them.
By CTSixshot
If you've ever cast your own, you know the labor involved. It's pretty hard to beat a commercial caster, unless their product is total junk.
That said, I had a box of cast bullets from the outfit in Brattleboro that was not up to par. Must have been a new guy on the job. The round nose was flattened and had marks like they'd been sized in a vise. The bullets were warped, as well. For the cost it wasn't worth the trip back to AGW in Goshen to complain, but I will tell and show them next trip up there.
I'd say try them and they'll likely do the job. Just try and make them yourself for what they charge...
My biggest regret is that most commercial casters don't offer much for rifle shooters. Yes, I realize there's much more demand and a bigger market for 9mm and .38 than there is for 6.5mm, 7mm and 8mm...
By mu2bdriver
newguy wrote:I should know in acouple of weeks says takes 7 days to ship and 4 day max to get here. I plan on loading at least 50 to test out when I get them. I will post up some photos. Of the heads when I get them and the target photos after I range test them.
Let me know about the quality of the product. Like CT6. I've seen some stuff of dubious quality and that was one reason I stuck to jacketed bullets, but for the price, if quality isn't sacrificed, that's a tough deal to pass by. Thanks!
By newguy
Well they were certainly quick on the shipping they went in the mail next day. I might have them quicker then i thought.
By CTSixshot
I hope they aren't still in a molten state....
By newguy
Well i received my order today. I was 27 bullets short and 9 without the blue band. I sent them a email they are mailing me out 100 free of charge. They did make good but i shouldn't have had to go thru this. I know it a pain counting but this was my first purchase so far not impressed. Lets see how they shoot.
By CTSixshot
Don't get too upset over missing lube. As cast bullets hang around and get handled, it's not uncommon to have the lube break from the lube grooves. Yes, you'll want to have the lube intact, but this condition isn't uniquely rare by any stretch.

Can always resort to something like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IESnkLjYB70
Last edited by CTSixshot on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
Ya i have had some before from other companies with lube band missing. My real question will be how will they shoot. I guess I will see in a week or two
By Mike_Diako
What caliber did you order from them? The 9mm I got were flawless. Sorry you had a bad experience but the sheer cost makes up for it though.
By newguy
I ordered 200gr SWC 45acp. Honestly in these times I can see mistakes being made to ship stuff out as quick as possible
By mu2bdriver
newguy wrote:I ordered 200gr SWC 45acp. Honestly in these times I can see mistakes being made to ship stuff out as quick as possible
Would you buy from them again?
By newguy
mu2bdriver wrote:
newguy wrote:I ordered 200gr SWC 45acp. Honestly in these times I can see mistakes being made to ship stuff out as quick as possible
Would you buy from them again?

After I see how they cycle and fire that would make my mind up. Seeing they had no issue sending me extra since I was shorted I know they at least have good customer service
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!