Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
I just got 40 of these bullets in a trade was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and if there be too much pressure for a non +P 38 special revolver if I loaded theses with 3grs of Bullseyes.

Lyman data is
168gr linotype 1.537 OAL
Bullseyes Start Max
2.6 4.2
By CTSixshot
Alliant lists 3.5gr for .38Special with a 158gr. LSWC. I'd go with that (3.0 gr. that is) for the extra ten grains, no problem. Just make sure they clear the barrel!
(They should be about 750 fps, I'm guestimating.)
Last edited by CTSixshot on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
Will pickup some Bullseye this week and give it a shot see how it works maybe this weekend
By GreggAndrews
Generally speaking, it seems like bullet profile isn't really going to matter much unless it's a slightly oversize bullet, or one with a massive bore-riding surface (like, if they made 180gr. .30 DEWC's... imagine that!).

It's not like you're going crazy with this. As long as you stay within seating depths & somewhere within the charge table for that weight, you should be A-OK. There is a little bit of a fudge factor involved (some bullets weigh as much as 4gr. apart, some are longer than others, etc.). Rest assured, if you tear apart the vast majority of factory pistol ammunition, charge weights will deviate a fairly substantial amount (tenths of a grain at that point... but again, less case capacity!).
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!