Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
Well i picked up one of these for the Hell of it today was 16 bucks at Cabelas just to see if it was any good and I am amazed at the results. You can reuse the solution 15 times.

By Mike_Diako
I used that stuff for a while before I got my tumbler. Birchwood Casey also makes case cleaner that works just as good. You can find it at Cabelas as well. It just doesn't come with the bucket.
By newguy
I do have a tumbler but i kinda wanted something that would clean inside good. I figured i use case cleaner first then if i wanted then throw them in tumbler for awhile after just to polish it up abit. I threw some in tumbler that I used with case cleaner will see how shiny they get.
By JohnFH
What are you using for tumbling media? My brass comes out clean inside and out, even bottle neck rifle.
By newguy
Lizard Litter from Petco. Basically crushed Walnut
By JohnFH
spend the money and get the Lyman tumbling medium the red stuff, 7 lb container has lasted for 3 years now, and I use it almost daily.

The straight crushed corncob is useless
By newguy
Will grab a jug next time I am up at Cabelas and give it a shot. I just figured for 16 bucks for IOSSO kit was worth a shot.
By GixerJockey
John... You is the red stuff huh? I was told years ago to use the green because the red leaves behind a film from the polishing additive. Apparently there dint any truth to that. Either that or it has no negative effects.
By JohnFH
The red is just a little jewlers rouge added to the media as a light abrasive, I haven't had any issues with a film of any type on the brass.

My competition brass gets tumbled 3 times, so if it was going to, it would on those.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!