Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
Finally my birthday today and i got my Lee Pro 1000 setup for 45 acp. Now gonna have to beg someone to come help me set this up maybe next weekend :lol:
By CTSixshot
Hooray! Happy Birthday!
By newguy
Thanks Now to mount this thing to my bench. Gotta hit up Truevalue for some long bolts
By JohnFH
Yes, make sure you mount it solid, it works better when mounted solid.
Other than that, keep it lubed and double check the adjustments once in a while. A toothbrush to keep the primer feeder clean helps too.
By newguy
My single stage press has 6 inch bolt going thru the top and then thru a 2x4 going to mount this one same way
By JohnFH
Just make sure it's not to much of a bother to unmount, you will discover that fun trick when you need to empty spent primers.
By newguy
Thanks for the heads up I was thinking maybe wingnuts and washers instead of using locknuts and washers like i did on the other one.
By JohnFH
I just use regular nuts and 2 flat washers, has worked well for about 8 years now.
By newguy
I finally got it setup only issue i think i am having is the Lee auto disc powder dropper says to use. number .37 and when i weight the load it says 4.2 gr and the minimum in load data is 4.4. Plus when i pull the case out of the powder dropper die it very tight
By Mopar
Take those numbers for the Lee powder measure as a starting point, and just adjust up or down until you get what you want on the scale.
By Mopar
Did it come with the standard Auto Disk measure (rectangular hopper) or the "Pro" model (round hopper)? If you have the rectangular setup, you might want to consider buying the kit they sell to to upgrade the standard to to the pro model. The standard measure needs a screwdriver to change disks, and eventually you'll strip out the holes. I considered modifying it by epoxying in studs and using knurled nuts, but the upgrade kit was so cheap it wasnt worth the trouble trying to do it.
By newguy
It came with the round one. So since it said .37 and that is not enough powder should i try the next number up or down ? Sorta wonder also if the case should come out of the powder expander die so hard too it ends up shaking my whole table every time i move it to the next stage.

Last edited by newguy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnFH
it should not come out of the powder die with any difficulty, something is off.
By newguy
I am at a loss to be honest. Think i am going to have to call Lee tech support see if I can get some help. or see if I can get someone to swing over here and check out my setup. HINT HINT willing to grill burgers for some help lol
By Mopar
If I remember right, the numbers on the disks equal volume, so go up 1 number and try again. Always throw more then one charge, and always throw a few test charges before you start actually loading.
There are some pretty good vids on youtube about setting that press up.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!