Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By myglimk2
Whats a good deal or average cost for 9mm bullets,primers and powder?
By JohnFH
bullets run from about $40 per 500, powder about $20 pound but varies by brand, primers about $30 per 1000, again big difference by brand.

primers by the case are the way to go, I usually pay about 23.50 per 1000 shipped, bullets, I pretty much make all my own pistol bullets, lead and I shoot them out of glocks :twisted:
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:bullets run from about $40 per 500, powder about $20 pound but varies by brand, primers about $30 per 1000, again big difference by brand.

primers by the case are the way to go, I usually pay about 23.50 per 1000 shipped, bullets, I pretty much make all my own pistol bullets, lead and I shoot them out of glocks :twisted:
Well I'm just not that cruel to my Glocks. It's bad enough I havent cleaned the G19 in almst 2,000 rounds. :lol:
By JohnFH
I won't tell you how many through my 19...

Next time your up this way, Autumn in Goshen has a good selection and average prices.

I will look into a bulk primer buy if any one is interested, I need sm pistol
By Mopar
Glocks + lead = who knows? This pretty much covers all angles:
http://glockfaq.com/content.aspx?ckey=G ... ading#lead

Me, I don't load lead for our glocks, but then none of them see a huge round count. If they saw 5-10,000 rnds a year then I would have to rethink that, but then if I shot a glock that often I would probably have an aftermarket barrel in it anyway.
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:I won't tell you how many through my 19...

Next time your up this way, Autumn in Goshen has a good selection and average prices.

I will look into a bulk primer buy if any one is interested, I need sm pistol
Yah definitely I'll have to check that out!
By JohnFH
I shoot 40-50,000 rounds a year, my guns are all stock
By Mike_Diako
I would be interested in a small pistol primer group buy
By CTSixshot
Tula KV-762N (berdan 7.62 NATO) and likely Large Pistol (any boxer brand) when you get around to ordering. Just keep me informed, I'll clarify what I can afford at that time.
By GreggAndrews
I already have a metric crap-ton of primers, but I might be inclined to order bullets & brass if that's A-OK by you guys. :)
By Mike_Diako
We should have a general reloading component group buy. I need small pistol primers, bullseye powder, and some plated bullets. I haven't worked up the balls yet to shoot my lead rounds from the Glock 17.
By JohnFH
Let me look into it a little, see what I can do through the shop
By GreggAndrews
Hooray!!! And this time, the deals are only 5min. away! :lol:
By myglimk2
GreggAndrews wrote:
Hooray!!! And this time, the deals are only 5min. away! :lol:
Not for me. :(
By newguy
I really don't understand the $27.50 hazmat fee on powder and primers kinda retarded if you ask me. Like that $27.50 you spend minimizes any risk for UPS. Plus your limited to 8lbs of powder or 5000 primers for $27.50 charge. Then you have to pay another $27.50 if you wanna order more then that.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!