Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By GreggAndrews
Actually, if you spend another $20 or so, you could get the hand press which seems to work OK... (and is infinitely easier, and faster than the lee-loader) :P
By myglimk2
A little late, just placed the order for the Lee Loader. :twisted:
By CTSixshot
For several years and thousands of rifle and pistol rounds, I used a hand-press (Lyman). Lee makes this one: http://leeprecision.com/breech-lock-hand-press.html.
Seems to me, I've seen the Lee Loaders going for $30 or so, but you'll likely find one collecting dust for much less.
Both presses keep things very inexpensive and allow use out on the range, if needed.
You've likely seen the video:
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... Lee+Loader
You can reload with the scooper, but you won't be as precise and consistent as with a powder measurer. You can make your own scooper for specific powders and charges, but you'll still have to have a scale to establish your loads.
Calipers and a micrometer are very useful, but the Lee Loader can function acceptably w/o them.
The hand press will require the use of a die set and calipers, but you can charge with a scoop with that, too.
Granted, all this incidentals add up, but look for used gear at gunshops, online, gun club tag sales, etc. It's out there.
By myglimk2
Yup, that's the video I saw which got me onto the Lee Loader. It'll be a good inexpensive way to kill time, for me anyways. Again, when my situation changes the options will open up and I'll be looking into a full reloading setup.
By Mike_Diako
newguy wrote:I been using that Lee perfect powder dispenser. Have zero issues with it i do a check every 5 rounds or so. and it hasn't let me down yet stays right at were it was every powder drop
The dispenser works great with most powders. The scale though is a POS.
By JohnFH
When it come in bring it up, I have enough stuff laying around for you to at least hit your fingers with the hammer a few times
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:When it come in bring it up, I have enough stuff laying around for you to at least hit your fingers with the hammer a few times
:lol:
By JohnFH
Exactly, I'm gonna sit and laugh while watching you :wink:
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:Exactly, I'm gonna sit and laugh while watching you :wink:
No videos though, please!
By GreggAndrews
myglimk2 wrote:

Vid please :)
By myglimk2
GreggAndrews wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:

:stfu: :lol:
By GreggAndrews
myglimk2 wrote:
GreggAndrews wrote:
myglimk2 wrote: No videos though, please!

:stfu: :lol:
Oh come on, be a sport. :P
By myglimk2
Hey, who knows, maybe I could be a hit on youtube! :lol:
By Mopar
I have a friend who uses the Lee loader (though he's only using it for .44 mag, not something like 9mm where you can go through several hundred rounds per range session), and every time he uses it I can't help but think of the ending in this old Bugs Bunny cartoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIObptHje-w
By myglimk2
Mopar wrote:I can't help but think of the ending in this old Bugs Bunny cartoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIObptHje-w
LMAO!! :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!