Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By GreggAndrews
JohnFH wrote:He already gave me a deposit for the primer group buy, he is going to be The Oracle jr.
Okay, that's just not fair. :cry:
By newguy
Tell ya once you start reloading you find yourself going along and then your like dam i ran out of components for this. Or hmm I need a different powder.
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:We have created a spoiled reloader :lol:
Yes, yes you have! After a lesson with you (and your presses) I don't even want to touch that Lee Classic loader! And, now I am in the market for one. Whether it be a single stage (may have a lead on one) or a progressive. Either way I won't be using the Lee Classic, so if anyone wants it shoot me a PM. :lol:

Thanks again John for the lessons! :wink:
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote: he is going to be The Oracle jr.
:lmao:
By Mopar
myglimk2 wrote:Yes, yes you have! After a lesson with you (and your presses) I don't even want to touch that Lee Classic loader! And, now I am in the market for one. Whether it be a single stage (may have a lead on one) or a progressive. Either way I won't be using the Lee Classic, so if anyone wants it shoot me a PM. :lol:

I'm pretty sure we tried to tell you this 5 pages ago, lol!
By myglimk2
Mopar wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:Yes, yes you have! After a lesson with you (and your presses) I don't even want to touch that Lee Classic loader! And, now I am in the market for one. Whether it be a single stage (may have a lead on one) or a progressive. Either way I won't be using the Lee Classic, so if anyone wants it shoot me a PM. :lol:

I'm pretty sure we tried to tell you this 5 pages ago, lol!
I know I know, I just didn't realize how stupid easy it is with a press until I actually used one and then tried using the Lee Classic. :oops:
By newguy
I had same issue with my brother inlaw he went out and bought that 45 dollar Lee Hand press. He started reloading then came and watched me reload and he saw how much easier it was for me. Now since he in walking distance of my house he always up here saying can i use your bench. I think i am just gonna just buy him a press this Christmas. So he will stop using mine. :lol:
By myglimk2
I was looking at those, but I might be picking up a RCBS press
By newguy
Nice thing about kit if you get auto primers for rifle and pistol also the perfect powder dispenser and scale even though I think scale that comes with it is totally useless
By myglimk2
Do they usually carry that kit in stock and in store?
By Mike_Diako
Yes, they usually have it in stock.
By myglimk2
Just called, they have 3 in stock! I think a trip to cabelas is in order.
By newguy
When i got mine there were like 8 of them there at Cabelas
By newguy
It worth it you also get a case trimmer and primer pocket cleaner basically everything you will need. Not sure if your 9mm die that came with that Lee thing came with a 9mm shellholder. You might wanna check. Because if it didn't your gonna have to grab one of them at Cabelas.

#19 if you don't have one

Accuattly looking at what ya bought ya may need to get a full 9mm die set with shellholder doesn't look like what ya already bought screws into a press Someone correct me if i am wrong

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t104516280
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!