Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mopar
At Wideners. I don't shoot that much 9mm, but this sure looks like a decent deal if you do.
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... |1084|1128

HCB377B 9MM 122GR TC SEMI WADCUTTER Cast Bullets $159.00/3000 Pre-Paid

3000 9mm 122gr Hard Cast Bullets -
Triple lubed, sized .356" and ready to load.
1 = 3000 bullets PREPAID S&H

Delivered to you via US Postal Service. These are the same bullets we have been making for over 15 years. They are so hard, you can't scratch them with your fingernail.

That works out to $26.50/500 delivered to your door.
By CTSixshot
That's a good price, but aren't most of you against cast bullets?
I know I get treated like the plague when promoting cast bullets.
By Mopar
I'm not against them at all. 99% of what I reload for pistol is cast. I have zero leading problems, but then I use hard lead and load them fairly light. I also don't use them in my Glocks. Yea, I know there are just as many people who say lead in Glocks is fine as there are saying it's taboo. My personal decision is that I'm not willing to risk destroying a $500-$600 gun, not to mention my hands, face, or eyes, to save a few cents a round. Not worth it to me, everyone else can make that decision for themselves.
By Mopar
BTW.......
Like I said, I don't shoot a ton of 9mm, but if one or two people (either local to Stratford or Wolcott, or willing to meet in one of those areas) wants to go in together on an order, I'd be willing to split it 2-3 ways.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!