Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mike_Diako
What's your favorite powder/bullet combo for 9mm? I am looking to work up so new loads for plated bullets. I haven't had a chance to load for over a year now and I'm excited to get back in to it.

My plated loads were usually loaded with a 115 grain Berry's bullet on top of bullseye powder. It's a nice plinking load for the range.

Like the title states, what are your favorite loads?
By CTSixshot
I don't even own a nine (never have), but I'm reloading the Hornady 124gr and Speer (357SIG) 125gr TMJ-FPs in the 9x19mm.
W630 and Power Pistol mostly.
By Mike_Diako
I've never tried power pistol. For pistol powders I currently have;

Bullseye
TiteGroup
HS6
WSF
and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.

For bullets, I currently have;

115rn plated
124hp plated
147fp plated
125lrn

and some misc bags of fmj 115-147gr.
By CTSixshot
That should about cover every load you'll likely require. Only extra item I can suggest is the Sinterfire SF9-100-RHFP.
By Mike_Diako
You've got a boner for those frangible loads don't you. :lol:

Not sure how I feel about a 100 grain bullet. Have you ever shot those loads?
By CTSixshot
They are about the only lead-free alternative commonly available. Wait til all ranges get squashed due to environmental issues, then you'll want them (of course, lead-free bullets won't likely be the solution to the actual problem...).
I had a friend shoot them out of his nines . I have used them in .45 ACP, 308, 7.5 Swiss, 7.62x39, 38 Spl. Others shot them out of a .40 S&W, .308 auto-loaders and Enfield rifle.
By Mike_Diako
Aren't there nylon based lead free alternatives as well?
By CTSixshot
I've seen a dark blue colored bullet that seemed to be of some other material, but I can't say I've seen them offered as components.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!