Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mike_Diako
Titegroup is also a good pistol powder however, things can get out of control quick with it. I tried unique once and didn't like it much. Bullseye isn't much cleaner but I ended up getting a great deal on a few pounds of it.

I like the Berry's bullets as well. I forgot what I have for lead at home.
Last edited by Mike_Diako on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mopar
JohnFH wrote:Unique is a lot more volume but meters like crap through the Lee powder feeder,
I've heard others say the same thing, but I've never had a problem. Do you have the regular powder measure or the teflon coated "pro" model?
By GreggAndrews
Just use a hammer & a powder funnel.

Just tap the bullets in until you seat them to the right depth. Same with primers. :lol:

(Jeff, once you get started reloading, it's addicting. Sit back, size a few cases, and let the fun begin...)
By Mike_Diako
GreggAndrews wrote:Just use a hammer & a powder funnel.

Just tap the bullets in until you seat them to the right depth. Same with primers. :lol:

(Jeff, once you get started reloading, it's addicting. Sit back, size a few cases, and let the fun begin...)
I think Darwin has is out for you. :lol:
By GreggAndrews
I have a pound of Red Dot I'm working with right now.

Although it's a shotshell powder, there's load data out there for pistol ammo, and even reduced rifle loads.

Ex. "The Load" by C.E. Harris which is supposed to be 13gr. of Red Dot in any case that is larger than .35 Remington. (That should be used with cast bullets... but jacketed is supposed to be fine as long as you don't go hog wild in working up a load).
By Mopar
newguy wrote:There also the Berry copper plated bullets not sure how good they are but Cabelas sells them in bulk and cheap
FYI: Cabelas is almost double the price of Powder Valley on the Berrys.
By JohnFH
I use the upgraded disk version, I didn't like the Unique in the 9mm anyway, it is dirty as hell so I keep it for revolver loads because I have 4-5 pounds to use up (or trade for TiteGroup or Bullseye :wink: )

My 9mm's have liked the Titegroup loads a lot, it's pretty clean in the Beretta and I'm of the, it works good why mess with it school.
By GreggAndrews
FYI: Cabelas is almost double the price of Powder Valley on the Berrys.
What at Crapela's ISN'T expensive?
By Mopar
JohnFH wrote: I'm of the, it works good why mess with it school.
Sounds like we went to the same school. :lol:

Jeff, we're pretty close by. Once you get set up, I can include you in my little reloading supplies circle. Usually when you buy bullets online there is a flat rate shipping charge for up to like 60lbs, so it makes sense to place as large an order as possible. Same with powder and primers. Since you have a $27.50 hazmat fee on top of everything else, you need a fairly large order to make it worth while.
By myglimk2
Mopar wrote:
JohnFH wrote: I'm of the, it works good why mess with it school.
Sounds like we went to the same school. :lol:

Jeff, we're pretty close by. Once you get set up, I can include you in my little reloading supplies circle. Usually when you buy bullets online there is a flat rate shipping charge for up to like 60lbs, so it makes sense to place as large an order as possible. Same with powder and primers. Since you have a $27.50 hazmat fee on top of everything else, you need a fairly large order to make it worth while.
This sounds great! Let me know next time you place an order. The only things I think I would need are 9mm FMJ bullets,primers and powder. I don't like to shoot lead through my Glocks.
By JohnFH
We will have to start looking at group buys for primers and stuff, I'm only getting them by the case, usually when Grafs has them on sale
By JohnFH
I don't like to shoot lead through my Glocks.
wuss :wink:
By GreggAndrews
We will have to start looking at group buys for primers and stuff,
I'd like in on this too... I could stand for a couple extra pounds of powder, bullets & few thousand primers...

:)
By Mike_Diako
I'm in as well.
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:
I don't like to shoot lead through my Glocks.
wuss :wink:
:lol: :loser:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!