Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By CTSixshot
I've used the Berry's in 45 ACP; they work just fine.
I'm loading the Hdy 124gr TMJFP and the Speer (357SIG) .355" 125gr TMJFP in 9x19 currently, even though I don't own a nine. The little 95gr (typically used in the .380) can also be used for econo- fodder in the 9mm
I have plenty of these for sale along with some Midway .356" LRN (maybe 200, I forget).
.355"/.356": SPR 357SIG 125g TMJ FP $17 Bull-X 380 95g LRN $7
HDY 124g FMJ FP $14 Midway .356" LRN $7 (all priced per 100).
By myglimk2
You already lost me G. :lol:
By CTSixshot
You'll catch on soon enough. If you only shop at Wal-Mart, it's understandable that 9mm only comes in 115gr FMJ.
Oh, I forgot to include the 100gr Sinterfire Frangible bullet and the Hornady 147gr XTP-BT, too.
By myglimk2
:wall: :lol:
By newguy
Believe me it all sounds confusing when you start but as long as you follow your load data don't rush yourself it pretty relaxing
By myglimk2
What kind of brass tumbler would you guys recommend?
By GreggAndrews
Believe me it all sounds confusing when you start but as long as you follow your load data don't rush yourself it pretty relaxing
I have to say, it's also help me cut down on smoking. Sitting at a bench & averaging out charge weights from those stupid Lee dippers actually is kind of fun.

Well, and it's always soothing to finally seat a bullet and look at what you made. :D
By hayes1966
Jeff

Specify what type of firearm you will be using. Glocks like fmj ammo.
By myglimk2
hayes1966 wrote:Jeff

Specify what type of firearm you will be using. Glocks like fmj ammo.
Only Glocks 8)
By CTSixshot
I don't polish my brass, just give it a look and wipe to make sure it's not clogged with dirt and debris. As long as you're not running grit in your dies, it needn't have a mirror finish.
I know it isn't bright and shiny and purdy, but you tactical types don't want glitter and reflections giving away your position, do ya? Well, do ya!
Yes, yes, I realize bright and shiny brass would make it much easier to scavenge my Hakim brass from the wood chips at Mattabassett!
By JohnFH
I use a Lyman tumbler, and it gets used a lot, about 20 hours a week and it has never skipped a beat.

I tumble everything clean, I don't want dirty brass in my presses or my chambers, match rifle brass gets cleaned 3 separate times.

I also find I get more consistant ammo and smoother press operation with clean brass.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!