Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
I picked up some Sierra Spire Point Boat tail 180gr .308 bullets I am looking for some load data for IMR4895 for 30.06 can't seem to find any If someone could help me out Please do
By JohnFH
http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

From the Hodgon online manual
180 GR. SIE SPBT IMR IMR 4895 .308" 3.300" 45.0 2555 49,500 PSI 48.0 2680 56,800 PSI

You might want to book mark that. Sierra also has a book that covers every bullet they make with suggested loads.[/url]
By newguy
Thank you Ya gonna bookmark it now. I see Sierra has a Kindle version of there reloading manual too
By JohnFH
you just keep that kindle stuff to yourself, TMI
By newguy
I don't have a Kindle myself i have app on my phone and read books that way when i am bored or get stuck somewere waiting for someone in a car or a store
By CTSixshot
Not to spend all of your money, newguy, but I noticed the latest Hornady manual had lots of recipes, especially for older mil-surp calibers (not that this helps for Sierra bullets, of course).
By newguy
Lol Ya trying to find ways to get what i need without breaking the bank. Kindle Versions of reloading manuals are like 5 bucks. Also i see Vihta Vuori Powder has there full manual free with tons of Odd European calibers in pdf format.
By CTSixshot
Yes, sometimes you just have to put out a little cash to have the data conveniently in front of you.
Like JohnFH says, the Sierra Manual is likely the best source for Sierra bullets. The recipe he quoted should get you started.
By JohnFH
If you spend sometime looking, you can find pretty much anything you need, I have the full Sierra .224 and .308 offerings, downloaded as .pdf
By CTSixshot
Yo da man, JohnFH!
I suppose you'll have to forward details to GA, too, now that he has the Eddystone...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!