Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By GreggAndrews
Be very careful annealing brass, if you soften it much further down then the neck (Important, DO NOT soften the shoulders), you run the risk of cases bursting
Oops!!!

There were a few videos on Youtube describing the process, and they did the shoulders!!! 8O

(On a side note, I did a couple .30-06 cases like they did, and while they turned out fine, I'd rather think I got lucky here!)
By JohnFH
You want to just do the case neck, I either submerge tha cases in a water bath and torch the necks, or easier, when I'm casting lead, I dunk the necks then toss them in a bucket of water.
By newguy
Honestly not gonna go thru extra work just gonna scrap what doesn't work and use the cash from the scrap man to buy bullets and maybe some new brass
By GreggAndrews
Honestly not gonna go thru extra work just gonna scrap what doesn't work and use the cash from the scrap man to buy bullets and maybe some new brass
I'll take it!!! LOL.
By newguy
If ya want what i have that didn't work i think there like 10. I will bring them up with me Sunday when i meet up with ya
By GreggAndrews
If ya want what i have that didn't work i think there like 10. I will bring them up with me Sunday when i meet up with ya

Sweet! I can always use a couple more cases to monkey around with. Practice makes perfect!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!