Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
Just wondering if i am going crazy or what are there two different kinds of shellholders two have have have no round circle on bottom to slide into press if there a difference in shell holders
By CTSixshot
You have a shell holder for the older Lee Auto-Prime more than likely.
Not only that, many mfrs. use a different numbering system, so cross-referencing is required. Some have shellholders for specific calibers, others may make one that covers several calibers. Just use one brand, if that makes it easier for you.
http://www.handloads.com/misc/shellholders.asp
By newguy
OK just was wondering the one number 2 i have in a package doesn't have the circle and i guess mine needs the circle. I have one number two that works so no worries was just wondering what difference was.
By Mopar
CTSixshot wrote:You have a shell holder for the older Lee Auto-Prime more than likely.
That's what it sounds like, though I think the "new" Lee Auto Prime XR uses the same shell holders.
BTW, I love my old auto primes. I can sit in front of the TV with a box of brass and prime away.
By newguy
Just wanted to say you know your bored when ya wish ya had more empty brass to reload lol. Spent all day yesterday during the snow storm reloading now all i wanna do is reload today and no more brass to load
By CTSixshot
Always a problem...
...start loading more calibers (even ones you don't shoot), so you'll have something around to reload!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!