Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By GixerJockey
Good, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I don't mind if it's a little finicky, as long as its not a complete POS.

I don't REALLY need three of them... I just can't pass up a deal. Let me find out how much the owner wants for them and I can possibly send one your way. What caliber would you be after?

That way you'll feel obligated to teach me the proper ways of bullet casting... :wink:
By Mike_Diako
I have the 1000 as well. Mine works great with the exception of primer feeding. If you don't keep the rotating assembly clean it jams up and starts flipping primers sideways. Scary when you're not paying attention and start to seat it. Like is said, as long as you keep it clean it works like a dream. I have only used mine for 9mm, I can't comment for any other calibers/primer sizes.
By Mopar
GixerJockey wrote:Good, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I don't mind if it's a little finicky, as long as its not a complete POS.

I don't REALLY need three of them... I just can't pass up a deal. Let me find out how much the owner wants for them and I can possibly send one your way. What caliber would you be after?

That way you'll feel obligated to teach me the proper ways of bullet casting... :wink:

seconds! :lol:
I've been thinking I need to move to a full progressive for.45.
By JohnFH
I would say between the 2 Lee presses they see about 3-500 a week for the last 2 years. You have to pay attention to the set up like anything else, keep them clean and lubed and don't throw the handle, keep it smooth, they work fine.
By Mike_Diako
Here's a couple pics of what I have put together so far. I can't wait to get everything else unpacked and set up.

By LTB45
My house was built over 100 years ago. The basement is really more of a "Dungeon" like place. 8O
About a year ago I figured that if my wife and I are going to both shoot ATA Trap, then we need to reload!

The Dungeon was the only place.
Here are a few pics of my 12ga reloading space. (Taken last year)

Here is the bench with a, new to me .410 reloader on the bench.

By CTSixshot
LTB45:

Please don't take offense (I had to look it up, too...):
When hanging the US flag, the sea of stars is upper left, as viewed, just like they are upper left when displayed horizontally.
By newguy
That pretty neat i have seen the shotgun reloading setups but never one completely setup
By Mike_Diako
Gumby and Pokey are a nice touch.
By LTB45
CTSixshot wrote:LTB45:

Please don't take offense (I had to look it up, too...):
When hanging the US flag, the sea of stars is upper left, as viewed, just like they are upper left when displayed horizontally.
From the bench, they are hung correctly. :D
No offense taken.
By GreggAndrews
Fred Flintstone is now the QC guy. Look how attentive he is!
By LTB45
Mike_Diako wrote:Gumby and Pokey are a nice touch.
Left over from my corporate desk a few years ago
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!