Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By hayes1966
Here are some older pics of my setup. It has changed slightly since these were taken.
Last edited by hayes1966 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GreggAndrews
Soo... I take it we can't smoke around the bench. :lol:

Very nice setup. Mine for now, is just a rickety old oak dresser. :)
By newguy
The more I sit at mine. The more I find I didn't make it big enough. Guess it will have to do for now. Found myself a 3 bin rolling storage thing up in attic today. Using that to store powder and heads and dies and stuff. So I am not so crowded on the top.
By GreggAndrews
I had some square tubing that I'm welding up to make a table. I'm figuring over six feet long & four feet deep.

I want the ENTIRE thing to be a self contained unit; everything on one bench...

(And the steel tube as thick as it is, will allow me to really crank on the press for case forming/sizing.) 8)
By newguy
I started out only having limited space but now that i am dissembling my Bel Air in basement i will bring my bench down starts and expand it. Got half the car apart have someone coming over to buy some of the parts this week i hate to part with it but it been in basement 3 years now
By GreggAndrews
Hey man, it sucks I know.

We had a 1966 Fairlane... K-code 289 good for 271hp. FUN car to drive, even though it was a maroon four door.

Wish we never got rid of it, but it sat in the yard... (though I still have the motor... dune buggy, anyone?) :cry:
By GreggAndrews

Well, here it is. Welded up from rectangular tubing & painted. Salvaged 1'' plywood top bolted through the tubing.

:)
By Mike_Diako
Nice looking setups. I'm in the middle of setting up my reloading area again since I moved. I'll take some pics soon.
By JohnFH
Work in progress, I have added since this picture

Brass processing
By Mopar
Damn neatniks! :roll:

Guess I need to straighten up a bit before I take any pics of mine.
By GreggAndrews
Well, way to show all of us with our dinkly little single stage presses up... :lol:
By JohnFH
Damn neatniks!
I didn't straighten up before I took pictures, should I have? :wink:
By Mopar
JohnFH wrote:
Damn neatniks!
I didn't straighten up before I took pictures, should I have? :wink:
You didn't? Looks way neater then my bench, heh.
By GixerJockey
John... How do you like that LEE Progressive 1000 press? Any pitfalls? I haven't used one, but I have the opportunity to grab three of them on the cheap (estate sale came in at NGX and we get first dibs), with dies. One .45, one .357/.38, and one 9mm.

I know they're not super high quality and I'm not expecting them to be like a $700+ Dillon. I just want to know if you're satisfied and if they get the job done. It would make my life soooo much easier to have progressive presses dedicated to the stuff I load most. (I'll probably set up the 9mm one for .40 and just leave it like that)
By JohnFH
I do the same thing, just leave them set up for 1 caliber, and have a bunch of them set up.

I loaded about 900 9mm on the 1000 last week, keep the primer feeder full and clean, it mis feeds once in a while, but you learn the "feel" and when it misses, you pull the case, throw it back in the feeder and keep going. I'm looking for another one actually.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!