Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mopar
If you're gonna make a habit having a computer at the bench, you might be interested in this: http://reloadersrfrnce.sourceforge.net/
By JohnFH
Something else
KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS of everything you reload, and label everything, you WILL forget
By newguy
Thanks Mopar that will come in real handy and yes i have some old commercial ammo 30.06 boxes a roll of masking tape and a sharpie all ready to label i am wicked anal about keeping records of stuff always have been even made myself a Spreadsheet in excel so i can put all the data that works well in my firearms and used tabs for the calibers
By ChrisNCT
You also will see some variances between different books due to the tested loads fired from different guns with different barrel lengths.

Some are out of 4" standard or "universal" receivers, then other book will say fired out of a 5" 1911. Read all the information that led up to the numers,...not just the Bullet Weight, Case Length, Primer Type, Type of Power ....Etc.
By newguy
This is finished product 168gr bullet 46gr of powder well close to 46gr i was using balence beam lee scale which stinks btw. took forever to get it just right. If anyone sees anything in photos that i should work on let me know

By JohnFH
Whats that mark on the case head between 30 and 06?
By newguy
there nothing on the bottom it the dam cellphone camera takes crappy photos just checked all the cases must have been some kinda reflection from the flash or something
By newguy
I will take another look run my finger over it and see if i feel anything i think it may be my camera but better safe then sorry Well i will have a chance on 14th to fire these and see if i did them right I hope i did
By JohnFH
You need to check your cases really well, I have had factory ammo show OP signs in some guns, I keep that brass seperate from my good brass.
By newguy
Ya they look fine ran my finger over then no marks on bottom of case i will tell ya one thing though when i get some cash together i am going to buy another scale the Lee safety powder scale is total crap i had to zero it with ever charge to make sure i was getting a correct amount. I didn't use the perfect powder dispenser because i wasn't loading alot of stuff just measured each one separate
By JohnFH
A good beam scale can't be beat
By Mopar
The Lee scale you have is actually quite good for the money. It shouldnt have any problem holding zero unless it's not on a level surface. I've had one for years, though now I just use it to double check my cheapo digital scale every so often. You can get a small digital scale for like $10-20 from Harbor Freight, Amazon, ebay. Or you can get the same scale from Midway or Brownells for $30 ($50 at Cabela's, LOL)because it's packaged as a reloading scale. Not as accurate as even the Lee (but accurate enough for most people), but a whole lot easier to use.
By newguy
Well could have been a combo of me being extra careful and the fact i haven't used a scale like that since High school which was 17 years ago lol
By newguy
Wish me luck going out today and try out the ammo i loaded myself. All bundled up look like the younger brother from Christmas story. Going to be a afternoon of military surplus stuff will post photos in gallery later i hope long as i remember to take photos lol
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!