Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
Well i went yesterday and picked up all the wood at home depot i needed to build a reloading bench i found the plans online. My only other question is should i paint it white so if i spill anything i can see it or should i stain and clear coat the top. Just wanted to see what others thought btw this is the first thing i have built out of wood since 8th grade shop class when i built a spice rack so i will post photos when i am done so everyone can get a good laugh
By JohnFH
I would put formica on the top, it will withstand a lot more then a painted finish.

My bench tops are counter tops.
By hayes1966
Mine is a solid core door on a wooden frame. I stained it walnut and polyed it. I can see anything that falls on it but it hides some of the stains.
By newguy
I forgot i had a full counter top that i the guys who redid my bathroom left in my garage i am going to give that a try it looks long enough and i am going to screw it down to the plywood top for some extra strength
By newguy
My Redneck Reloading Bench

By JohnFH
It will work, and enjoy it now, it's the last time it will ever be that clean :lol: :lol: :lol:
By GreggAndrews
Actually, with the press I've got coming to me, I plan to mount it to a pretty beaten dresser in my room.

Nice looking bench! :)
By newguy
My brother inlaw and myself thru the bench together today we put 3 5 inch bolts thru the top into the front cross member and bolted the press down that way it on there real good Now all i gotta buy is powder primers and bullets have plenty of cases Bullet seating die adjustment has me alittle confused but i think i will figure it out
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!