Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Socom
I just answered my own question on a good place to get Hard Cast Bullet's! On Monday the 21st. @ 530 PM, EST, I made a order for HC Bullets, and was told they would be shipped on Tuesday, the 22nd. and today the 26th. my post office called to say i had a package, could I pick it up (lazy guy) I did, and the box was distroyed on the out side, But the contence all was good, Well packaged, The bullets look great, all lubed, very thin casting lines, I'm very happy with the order, "I did not count them yet, but i can't see where they would short order! Any way, if your like me and like making your own ammo, except bullet casting, Here it is! [email protected] Phone# 815-796-2904 Cell#815-674-5508 Heres a sample /.45ACP, 230 gr. RN @ $70.00 per 1000/ 9mm,125 gr. RN @ $50.50 per 1000/ .38/.357, 158 gr. RNFP, @ $55.00... Plus Shipping @ $13.55 up to 70 pounds, I ordered by the pound to get the most out of shipping.. This beats any thing on the net i could find :D Very happy with doing bussiness with them!
By Socom
Darn, They just went up in price, about 10%... But still looking good compared to what i can find on the net! Please post, if you know anyone better, Cheaper, Thank's
By CTSixshot
Socom:

You seem to have rock bottom for cast fodder. Until you find something better, SNS looks like the place to shop.

It seems like any caliber cast pistol bullet for 7 cents or less is a deal. It doesn't pay to even light off the furnace, unless you just can't find the bullet style you really must have to reload.

You'll probably only find lower prices from companies that are offering introductory rates to attract business. After your first order, I'd bet they will be back on par with the rest of the pack.
By Socom
Thank's CT 6; it's always nice to hear it from someone else, if you know what i mean. It's hard to forget the old days, when one could get the same thing for 2-3 cents each. I got a box of primers in the shop, ($9.99 per M) almost died last week when I had to pay $39. I guess i'll get over it someday, I hope. :(
By CTSixshot
Shoot at targets that are 4x or more expensive and call it a draw!
By Socom
Thank's once again. Did you know that i was running out of targets? I'm still using the old CT. MPTC Targets! I don't even think i want to know what the new ones are going for.. But i guess i'll find out soon enought :(
By CTSixshot
No, I didn't know....ha ha!
I'm not too savvy on various target designations, but I did happen across a roll or orange on white grid targets (about 20" diameter) that must have come from an automated targeting system. Each target had only up to 5 tiny holes (5.56mm), so they are plenty good for what I need.
Since you've been out of the target procurement business for so long, you will be well-pleased and will no doubt be able to find targets that are ten times more pricey than your original inventory. You're really going to make that higher-priced ammo worth shooting now!
By Socom
Thank's once again, You sure know how to make a guys day. The ones i was talking about is the ones the CSP & most PD's use, Connecticut Municipal Police Training Council (Combat Target) Thug, AKA CM-5's almost like the K-5's, Full sized man targets. 22 1/2 X 35" And the price didn't go up all that much, like $90 buck's for a box of two hundred... My last box was $38 and change, Guess i better order a box, down to about 75 left, and use maybe 4 to 6 aweek. Haven't shot bulleyes targets since the Air Force pistol team. Don't think i could see them small thing's at 50 yrd's. What ever you do, Don't get old... :lol: (Like they say, the differants between a man and a boy, is the price of there toy's)
By CTSixshot
Too late...I'm already old...enough!

The human targets are not allowed at some clubs, believe it or not. I believe that is the case at Ansonia, to name one that I'm aware of.
By Socom
Sorry to hear that, But one is only as old as one wants. Just slow down a little ! I alway's look at it this way, if I wake up in the morning, i got one more day 8) I didn't know some clubs didn't allow full sized combat targets. I know they did at the Niantic Sportsman club (but that was a few years ago) maybe 10 or so. we even used them in the indoor range. Well, not to fear, they are allowed on my range. It's about the only place I shoot anymore. :D Maybe some day, my son will take me to his club.
By randolf
socom try this guy, I was getting my hardcast 9mm 125G RN from him since 2009 his price is 24 dollars /500 bullet + flat rate of 10usd for shipment max of 6 box = 3000 bullets (154 usd including shipment)
he doesnt have website but email him [email protected]
By Socom
randolf wrote:socom try this guy, I was getting my hardcast 9mm 125G RN from him since 2009 his price is 24 dollars /500 bullet + flat rate of 10usd for shipment max of 6 box = 3000 bullets (154 usd including shipment)
he doesnt have website but email him [email protected]
Thank's Randolf, I'll keep him in mind. But i'm more then happy with "SNS" Good stuff and prices, not bad, shipping is like 3 days.. Do you know where he is at ??? Do need a back-up. Now if i could only find "Primers" :roll:
By CTSixshot
As for primers, I was in Hoffman's yesterday and they had most standard CCI primers (ie. S&L Rifle, S&L Pistol - I believe Magnums, too; not every BR type or mil-spec) for $29.99. Winchester WLPs were there, too, to a lesser degree. I don't recall if I saw WSPs, sorry. All $29.99 and I didn't see any signs about customer limits.
Next to nothing at NGE, but they don't seem to stock much for the reloader.
Cabela's in East Hartford... I didn't ask and they don't put them on a shelf display, as a rule. ??
By Socom
Thank's CT 6, I will call them in the mornin! Thats a good price, they run $39.95 up here, if and when you can find them. I prefer WSP's but will settle for CCI 500's and and WLP's... I went right pass Hoffmans last week, So i hit the other two instead. Like i always say, Day late, dollar short. Your right about NGE. Some nice toys, but not much for the reloader... P.S. You gona keep that 5th star ?
By CTSixshot
Probably not since I regularly delete my old posts...and they do get deducted afterall.

Make sure you go that extra 100 feet and swing by Autumn Gun Works, too! (I doubt he'll have the primers for $30, but it's worth a look.) I think he has about the best selection of cast rifle fodder in the state, if that's one of your pursuits.

Actually, were you to come down Rt7 to New Milford, you could hit the Housatonic gun shop, Jolly Roger and the Armory on your way over to AGW. I have never been to the shop on RT 44 in Canaan (East Canaan?, Valentine's place...forget which son it is), but since you're nearby, you could try them too.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!